Button recognized when assigned, but not recognized in game!?

Moderator: AdminGroup

Snacko

Button recognized when assigned, but not recognized in game!?

Postby Snacko » Fri Apr 12, 2019 21:55

I have a GF Mk2 MCG Pro..

The bottom/center (square) hat that is labeled 'Ty' (in Russian) has 4 ways and a push button #18.

I have had the center push button #18 assigned in DCS to Active Pause in the game for several months. About a month ago, I was getting random button pushes on that button when I was NOT pushing it. The game would do an Active Pause while I was flying. I would press it and un-pause the game. I checked in the VKBDevCfg app and it was also showing random pushes on button 18. I think it happened more when I moved the stick.

Today I noticed that the button does not work in DCS. I can assign it to a command in the Settings by pushing the button, and it assigns JoyBtn18 just fine. So the game does see the button when it is assigned. But in the game it does not work. I have assigned that button to several different DCS Commands and it will assign but it will not work when flying in the game!! And I have assigned other buttons on the MCG Pro to the same commands and they do work in the game.

Any Help is appriciated!! :evil:

Snacko

Re: Button recognized when assigned, but not recognized in game!?

Postby Snacko » Sat Apr 13, 2019 20:30

Ok, today I noticed that I have the same problem with JOY_BTN13. Which is on the left side of the stick base. ARGG!!

I did a Repair on DCS.
Recalibrated my VKB.
Took, the VKB stick and extension off and cleaned the contacts with Rubbing Alcohol.
Shutdown all other apps in SysTray.

Still doesn't work..

Then I tested assignments in IL2 BoS, and every button was the wrong number. VKB said the correct button, but BoS said they were all -1 button less. VKB said it was button 18, BoX said it was button 17, 15 was 14, 22 was 21,.. every button was one less in BoX.. But BoX did see all of my buttons correctly in the game once they were assigned. Must be something with BoX, but it worked...

So, I downloaded the latest Firmware, VKBDevCfg, and Bootloader.... Default, Flashed, Calibrated. Fail!!

ARGGG!!

Button 13 & 18 still don't work in DCS!!
I can assign them, but they don't work.
:evil:

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 18:45

Snacko wrote:Then I tested assignments in IL2 BoS, and every button was the wrong number. VKB said the correct button, but BoS said they were all -1 button less. VKB said it was button 18, BoX said it was button 17, 15 was 14, 22 was 21,.. every button was one less in BoX.. But BoX did see all of my buttons correctly in the game once they were assigned. Must be something with BoX, but it worked...

Bo'X (and other games, e.g. Il-2:46) number joysticks buttons starting from 0 and not from 1.

Imageforensic anthropologist education requirements

Above joystick button 1 was recognized (in Bo'X GUI) as button 0, but this don't cause any problem during gameplay.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 20:13

Thanks again..

I saw your explaination in the DCS forums. Good to know, but doesn't solve my problem..

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 23:04

I think that I have found the problem..

In DCS, I had assigned those two buttons in the category UILayer. Apparently, if you do that, you can still assign those buttons to other commands and DCS does not tell you about the currently assigned command like it normally does.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Tue Apr 16, 2019 19:13

I think I've had that problem in Elite as well. Some control assignments to the same button can coexist, some cannot... and only some of the latter do you get warnings about. The logic that checks for duplication isn't ideal between control modes (interface, camera, maps, flight...)

I've had overlapping controls do nothing in game, but I have also had an analog assignment do two simultaneous actions. Like when I accidentally set jump-jet up on the SRV to the same hat axis as turret pitch. :shock:
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Technical Support”