MCG Pro always glitching the X axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

azmodiuz

MCG Pro always glitching the X axis

Postby azmodiuz » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:10

When I play starcitizen, or other games, I notice my stick seems to have a slight issue where the stick could be in nuetral at 0,0 but it veers left or along the -X axis a tiny bit. When I slap the stick a tiny bit, or make a vibration it even jumps further.

When i check the inputs its like -42 to -43 points into the X axis when it happens. And sometimes jumps to like -2000 not sure why but its like my sensor glitches.

Also my stick is sort of loose. I have a new Kosmosima and it is not loose at all has no play and is 100% accurate, unlike my MCG Pro which I can not play with.

What can I do to fix this stick, the MCG Pro, how do I properly describe the issue too ?

Victorus

Re: MCG Pro always glitching the X axis

Postby Victorus » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:31

Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Fri May 03, 2019 4:31

The crazy x-axis issue has popped up for other people as well, including me. It has hit me for the 4th time already. I'm getting tired of opening this thing and messing with the software.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri May 03, 2019 13:11

Display screenshots of the Profiles-Axes tab. From your description is not clear - this is a physical problem or software. Explain more precisely, preferably with screenshots.

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Fri May 17, 2019 4:07

Seems to be a software issue - I opened the configurator and moved the axis around and after a few minutes it became stable again. Last time i had the issue I opened the base to make sure all the wires/connections were in place and calibrated several times before it became stable again. I'll post here again if I experience the issue again.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri May 17, 2019 11:10

mmtaraval wrote:Seems to be a software issue - I opened the configurator

Look, Ron had asked you for more information and screenshots. The longer you keep this information to yourself, the longer you are not receiving help.
There are guidelines for requesting tech support, please keep to the rules, and help will magically come fast.
_IF_ the problem is rooted in the soft it still may temporarily disappear after you fix the connections. In simple words, again: even if the problem seemingly disappear after you tightened the connections, it does not necessarily mean its reason was bad connection.
Please give us all information we need, and we will give you help that you need. It is a dual carriageway, only works like this.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:36

Happening again.

gunfighter MK1 pro
1_96_B
#50 #10 on each axis
smooth cams
VKBDevCfg-C v0.90.06

Here are some screen shots, let me know if you need specific screens captured.

I ran calibration a few times - on the video I'm moving the stick to each side (only mid-way):video: https://www.screencast.com/t/PEkcaSyy5X
VKB profile 1.PNG

VKB profile 2.PNG

black line is x-axes, red is y:
VKB joytester 1.PNG

on this video I'm moving the stick slightly to the right, then holding it for a few seconds - towards the end I let it return to the center but you can see it's still registering movement: https://www.screencast.com/t/2i3mO1xl

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:36

mmtaraval wrote:Happening again.

Can't help but notice that both your configurator and the firmware are a few months old. Here you could find the updated software and firmware: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?page_id=4609. And here's a guide to properly get flashed and calibrated: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ht8yMsdlCQ&t=. Don't forget to reset to Default between flashing and calibrating.

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Sat Jul 20, 2019 19:35

updated software and firmware and re-calibrated, followed instructions from video - still having the same issue.
VKB profile 3.PNG

VKB joytester 2.PNG

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Sat Jul 20, 2019 21:20

Here are images of connections:
circled in red looks loose, but I never touched it before (when x-axis was working) and it looks the same as before. All others look normal to me.
connector 1.PNG

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 0:58

Here's what I'd do: open up the base to expose the internals, plug it in, run the JoyTester, hold the X axis wires and move them around while moving the stick along the X axis. If at some point the jittering disappears from the JoyTester it means you've found a loose connection or a defective wire and that should be an easy fix. If the issue continues it means there's something wrong with the PCB and I'd get in touch with the seller (Ali, EU or NA stores - wherever you got it from) for a replacement.
Another thing that you could look into is checking the X axis cam and bearing - see if the bearing is turning smoothly and the cam is rolling along the bearing holding contact on the whole range. Take the spring out and manually move the cam along the bearing trying to feel any bumps that would create that kind of jittering that you've posted. It's a small chance a misaligned cam or a loose bearing to create such movement, but better to make sure you've covered all the possibilities.

mmtaraval

Postby mmtaraval » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:12

connected the base again and issue is gone - moved wires around with no impact. Checked bearings and cam and didn't notice anything - joytester is smooth as before.

Return to “Technical Support”