Gunfighter distinct axis "dimple" w/no cam pressure

Moderator: AdminGroup

flashben

Re: Gunfighter distinct axis "dimple" w/no cam pressure

Postby flashben » Mon Apr 08, 2019 19:02

So it has been a week since I posted this, any update?

flashben

Postby flashben » Fri Apr 12, 2019 15:42

So i take it, imm stuck with a bad centering stick for a premium price

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:57

If it was like that ^ I wouldn't resist a temptation to announce it, you know me 8)
However, no. We are thinking of a complex solution to this problem.
It is pretty infrequent but as we see it happened more than once, so there must be a reason as well as a once forever solution.
Sorry that it takes time.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:51

One by one (will be time gaps):
- topic starter, please PM me with your full case story and personal data (name, address, date of purchase, shop receipt, etc.) - we will move from there on.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:21

Barrence wrote:
1: Is this an actual defect, or is it by design? If by design, why does the new one (which feels much better) not have it?
2: Is this a known issue that possibly has an easy fix I could take care of myself? I'm quite handy with mechanical things.
3: I know I've had it for a while now, but the issue has always been there, and I would have raised it much sooner had I realized it was defective. Can I still get this fixed?

Sorry for making you wait.
Let's begin from where we left it.
1 - Whatever makes you feel uncomfortable is a defect, unless it was meant so. In this situation of course it was not, as there is a special centered cam. Having a bump on a soft center cam is obviously a flaw.
2 - Sure. I don't know what caused this roughness of the surface, but if fine sandpaper is still legal in your location you can go ahead with it, you will not do any damage as long as you make sure the sandpaper goes from end to end on every stroke. 99% probability you will be fully satisfied with the result half way into an evening tv show with the cam and sandpaper in your hands.
3 - Never too late. Well sure enough I am not encouraging anyone to start making noise after 2 years of using the device, but we're not as bad as some say :twisted:

So I'd appreciate if you did "2", and told me how it went.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Keks

Postby Keks » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:49

Hi.

I am also having a bump when moving my stick through the center of the roll axis on my gunfighter mk. II using the number 10 cams.

To answer question 0, yes I did open a ticket with my dealer. I opened 2 to be precise and I am currently waiting for a response since 13 days. A replacement cam was sent to me already but that did not fix the issue.

There is also an audible clonk when moving through the center. Moving from the center is fine, the bump only occurs when passing through the center.
When disconnecting the cams and springs from the gimbal and just moving the gimbal without a stick attached the pitch axis feels smooth, but the roll axis feels bumpy, so I suspect a problem with the bearing, esp. since replacing the cam did not fix it.

I tried to record the noise but due to me basicly having to use my phone the quality is kinda meh and it is not as prevelent as it is irl.

https://youtu.be/U2HG2iI9hqE
https://youtu.be/iukHacbRMmY

If there is anything else I can do to help fixing the issue please let me know :)

streakeagle

Postby streakeagle » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:00

My roll axis has failed in the same manner others have described here. With no spring or cam involved, it "clunks" bad when crossing near the center due to a failure in the bearing. This causes a very bad bouncing action in the axis as seen in the software or in-game. I had recently made one change: installing two 50 lb springs on each axis. I don't know if this caused the failure, or accelerated normal wear and tear.

Pai7975

Postby Pai7975 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 14:20

Im having also a bearing problem Ticketnumber:1552 ,thanks.

Return to “Technical Support”