[Solved] MCG Pro: MANVR hat down direction

Moderator: AdminGroup

Oliver

[Solved] MCG Pro: MANVR hat down direction

Postby Oliver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:11

Hello,

I just installed an MCG Pro grip. I have a question regarding the MANVR hat (the one below the Master Mode hat).
I can successfully activate all four directions with it (Buttons 23, 24, 25, 26).

But while left, right and up feel smooth and easy to pull off the down direction feels a bit akward.
It's like I have to move the hat down and left to register the down Button (23).

I tried to visualize this in the following picture: https://imgur.com/ssyi2uh

Is this normal?

Regards,
Oliver
Last edited by Oliver on Mon Mar 25, 2019 13:12, edited 1 time in total.

fallout9

Re: MCG Pro: MANVR hat down direction

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 19:26

Can confirm, mine is the same. Was a bit strange in the beginning, but I got used to it. To me a bigger problem is to activate the top push button, most of the times I'm accidentally sliding to the right.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 20:48

I'm sorry, but how did you get the values 23-26? Physically, this is 1-5 (push), and is translated into logical 14-18. Your numbers are not there. Maybe it should be reset to default and check again?
Here is the correct layout.
Logical.png

Oliver

Postby Oliver » Fri Mar 22, 2019 21:26

Ron61 wrote:I'm sorry, but how did you get the values 23-26? Physically, this is 1-5 (push), and is translated into logical 14-18. Your numbers are not there. Maybe it should be reset to default and check again?
Here is the correct layout.

Hello Ron61,

Thanks for the feedback. I forgot to mention that I mounted the MCG Pro on a Gladiator Pro MkII base. The base itself has many buttons on itself so I guess that's why the hat button numbers are higher in my configuration.
How is the behavior of your MANVR hat in regards to my original post? It's purely a hardware/manufacturing related question. The hat itself works without problems otherwise.

Regards,
Oliver

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 21:49

That is why we ask you to follow these recommendations. To avoid misunderstandings.
To check the operation of the buttons at the physical level, turn on the "Poll" check box in the "Profile-Buttons" tab. Check work in all positions. How it will be broadcast on a logical level - it depends on you.

Oliver

Postby Oliver » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:53

fallout9 wrote:Can confirm, mine is the same. Was a bit strange in the beginning, but I got used to it. To me a bigger problem is to activate the top push button, most of the times I'm accidentally sliding to the right.

Hello fallout9,

Thanks for your reply.
In the meantime I could fix the problem by replacing the MANVR hat with a spare hat that was part of the delivery package.

To do this I used pincers (see picture https://imgur.com/Z3a73Bl) and gently pulled out the hat. It came off pretty easily.
You then see the interior of the hat here: https://imgur.com/lfzg1Rw (image taken from a Russian forum post as I forgot to take a picture myself)

Then I just replaced it with the spare hat (which actually is meant as a replacement for the gray CMS thumb hat I think).

I was pleasantly surprised that it fitted perfectly and all problems with the awkward feeling when trying to pull downwards are a thing of the past.
Now the hat feels and behaves as you would expect it to do :)

Perhaps replacing the hat wasn't even necessary as pulling out the original hat and then reinstalling it would have already been enough to solve the problem. But I didn't try that approach.

Cheers,
Oliver

---
Referenced MANVR picture from post in Russian IL2 forums: https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/668 ... ent-647832

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:26

I totally forgot about the small bag with buttons that came with the grip so I've made the replacement (not because I was unhappy with the existing button, but because I like to try new things) and it works better than the original. The actuations are more firm and precise now and I could activate the top press more natural. The new button cap is actually a bit smaller and the central pin thinner than the original, but works perfect as a replacement.
Thanks for the follow-up Oliver!

Oliver

Postby Oliver » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:27

Nice, I'm glad to hear that :D

hon0

Postby hon0 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26

Nice thanks guys for feedback I'll do the change as well. I might also consider removing the corner, used to prevent diagonal input. Any idea if those switch are physically able to read diagonal? (It would be bonus).
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Oliver

Postby Oliver » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12

You can activate two switch positions at the same time when moving to a diagonal position using the replacement hat (which is a bit smaller than the original) without any extra modifications, see results in VKB Button Tester here: https://imgur.com/a/HleHkrK
I found it sometimes to be a bit tricky to get the diagonal movement/angle just right for both switches to activate, however.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:21

Thanks for confirmation.
Indeed, the button travel is physically restricted into a " + ". So by removing those little corner we should be able to reach diagonal without problem.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Return to “Technical Support”