vkb gladiator mk2 button mapping

Moderator: AdminGroup

mooz

vkb gladiator mk2 button mapping

Postby mooz » Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:32

Just got a Gladiator MK2.. Love the stick so far, but want to be able to button map the buttons on the front of the base independent of the mode switch (18 total 9x2) ...

Does anyone have a config for this? I'd be kinda depressed if this wasn't possible

Thanks in advance.

Sokol1

Re: vkb gladiator mk2 button mapping

Postby Sokol1 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 21:30

Is possible using VKB DevCfg software, read their instructions manual.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/

Alternatives read to use profiles - don't mix Gladiator "vanila" and Gladiator PRO. See in the read me if mode are active.

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Profiles/Gladiator/

mooz

Postby mooz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:52

Yeah.. I mean, thanks for the reply and everything, but if I wanted to read through a hundred page manual on this I would have done it..

The profiles also aren't very descriptive, is there a profile on their FTP that does what I was asking? I've poked around quite a bit in the software, but I still don't know how to bind the keys, that's why I was asking here if anyone already had a config that does what I wanted..

Thanks in advance

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 19:17

There are no customized profiles available for download as each user has its own needs.
I'd like to help, but I don't quite understand what you need. You want to get rid of the Mode button and use it as a regular button?

mooz

Postby mooz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 23:36

On the front of the MK2 there are 9 buttons, I want the first mode switch to use the stock 9 buttons, the second another different 9 buttons (total 18 buttons on the front base).

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:18

Try this profile for v.196A firmware,if I understood the task correctly. At the same time and update the configurator.

1.96A GL A1B1C1x2.rar
(1.08 KiB) Downloaded 291 times

mooz

Postby mooz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:20

Thank you, I tried this but it still doesn't appear to be working as I expected.. but perhaps I'm not explaining myself well enough. I loaded the config with the newer config software that was on the megadrive. What I'm wanting is this:

The MK2 has a mode switch on the base, when pressing it the mode switches between a red and green LED. When it's in the default mode (red) I want it to return the front base buttons as their default value (3-11 I believe), when it's on the green secondary mode, I want it to return 9 additional buttons.. I'm not sure how else I can explain this, seems like it would be desirable for most people that were wanting to use this stick.. With the configuration you gave me, when using the test tool in the configuration when I press button 3 it returns 3, when I switch modes, it's still returning button 3, I'd expect it to return something else.

On the same topic, what is the difference between the firmware version on the site you gave me in comparison to the official VKB firmware?

mooz

Postby mooz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:24

So I'm not sure what I did in the tool (I think I pressed the "set" button in the config tool), but now it appears to be functioning as I expected, but the mode LED appears to be blinking constantly, is this expected..?

mooz

Postby mooz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:59

I answered my own question here by following this thread: viewtopic.php?f=25&p=34136

As far as I can tell it appears to be working as I expected... still curious on the difference in firmware and software?

Thanks for the help!

mooz

Postby mooz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:10

So, a few more issues...

Some of the buttons in the configuration are assigned multiple times. The buttons that were reassigned in the config given for the Mode#2 3-11 buttons, are some of the same buttons assigned to shift+hat1. I tried remapping automatically the buttons I felt needed to be remapped, but they were reassigned to a button like 53. I read something somewhere that there is a limitation in Windows that only allows up to 32 buttons or something like that, so it's not detecting the actual button depression in the game..

I tried reassigning these buttons to keyboard keys rather than a logical button above 32 on the joystick, but for whatever reason VKB device config wasn't recognizing the key when I was pressing it and neither does the game.. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it true I'm not able to use any logical buttons over 32?

Even with the configuration half way there that you provided, I can barely understand what it is that needs to be done in this software...even after reading through the manual some.. A bit discouraging, but I'd still like to try to get this working..

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:35

Mooz. I loaded up the config file offered by Ron61 and can confirm it works as intended. You have 1 set of controls on red color and a different set on green color, and that's including the grip buttons (which are in the end 4 different sets as they are also affected by the pinky Shift button). The only exception is with the 4 buttons on the sides (2 on left and 2 on right) which have the same value on both modes.
I would suggest to load up again the config file and start from the beginning.

What game are you playing? Only E:D would limit you to 32 buttons. SC is 50 and DCS 128.

mooz

Postby mooz » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:46

I figured maybe the 32 button limitation was a Windows thing... but yes, I'm playing E:D ... Do you know of a way around that?

However, even when loading the config up in the VKB configurator even the test module is telling me that there are multiple of the same buttons bound... for example, on mode#2 button 3 (labeled A1 on the base) it's bound to button 22, mode#1 + shift pinky top hat switch button is also bound to button 22. There are multiple others that are also bound multiple times but this is just a example. This basically means I'm unable to use half of the buttons specially configured in the config because they would return a lot of the same buttons and can only be bound once in a game... doesn't even necessarily have to be E:D. I'd sorta rather just have the mode#2 shift pinky hat buttons be the same as the mode#1 buttons (22-25), that way those buttons are freed up and can be used on the base.. Does that make sense?

If you're thinking this might be a fault on my part, then I'm not sure what I did that might be wrong.. I restarted everything from scratch multiple times but still get the duplicate bound buttons.

I want to mention also again I tried binding the duplicate buttons to keyboard keys but for whatever reason the VKB test module and game weren't returning what I bound.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 17:31

I would suggest to fix your controller first as there's obviously something messed up right now.
- download VKBdevCfg last version: https://mega.nz/#F!5kUS1SBJ!0a1ukKaeLeD ... A?VxEAxaYT
- download Zbootloader last version: https://mega.nz/#F!5kUS1SBJ!0a1ukKaeLeD ... A?80dhXIQA
- download Gladiator firmware last version https://mega.nz/#F!Y9UWmChD!fTw7UejLhe- ... Q?o8EnmSKR
- extract VKBdevCfg in its own folder; extract Zbootloader in VKBdevCfg folder; extract Gladiator firmware in VKBdevCfg folder
- run VKBdevCfg, hit Bootloader button. Load the above Gladiator firmware and flash it
- after it's flashed hit Default button to reset the device. Calibrate it.
- hit Load to load the cfg file offered by Ron. Hit Set button.
You should end up with 6 buttons on the grip (12 with pinky Shift, 24 with Green mode), 9 buttons on the back (18 with Green mode) and 4 buttons on the side. Elite will be seeing only the first 32 controls. 33 and up you'll have to create a virtual controller (not sure if this works, haven't tried) or to assign them to keyboard.

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:54

...for example, on mode#2 button 3 (labeled A1 on the base) it's bound to button 22, mode#1 + shift pinky top hat switch button is also bound to button 22.

I update Gladiator Mk.II firmware for 1.96.B and confirm the above with Ron61 attached profile.

Buttons A1 to C3 in Mode 2 are using the same buttons of HAT + pinky in Mode 1 and 2 = 22 to 30.

Default profile already use 29 buttons - so for double A1 to C3 - more 9 buttons, is need increase buttons count of profile for above 32, or remove some buttons from default profile.

mooz

Postby mooz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:45

Yes, sorry.. Got around finally to trying this out again, I ran through the entire process and using the config provided still duplicates button 22 as Sokol1 mentioned..

I mentioned something like above:

I'd sorta rather just have the mode#2 shift pinky hat buttons be the same as the mode#1 buttons (22-25), that way those buttons are freed up and can be used on the base..

is there anyway I could get a modified config from Ron61's, this may satisfy, at least for me..

Return to “Technical Support”