Vkb gladiator mk 2 non pro centre issue

Moderator: AdminGroup

Peterson

Vkb gladiator mk 2 non pro centre issue

Postby Peterson » Thu Mar 07, 2019 23:30

Hello there.
I bought a gladiator mk 2 non pro for its plug and play aspect however I am finding that I'm needing to apply a harsh deadzone for the Y axis.
I find that everytime the y axis is used in a downward motion and then put back to the centre it is registered further down than where the actual centre is which then I must reset this by moving the stick upwards to get it back in.

Hope to hear from support.

P. S love the stick elsewise.

fallout9

Re: Vkb gladiator mk 2 non pro centre issue

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 0:58

I have a Gladiator MKII and despite all the beating it took never had these kind of issues. I would suggest first to upgrade it to the last version of firmware (https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... 1_96_0.zip),reset it to default not before saving the profile if it's been customized and recalibrate it.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:52

Similar issue here with Gunfighter.

I have that too. On both X and Y, I'm using 40+50 spring with no center cam #10. Extended Gunfighter. The issue isn't huge however. The off centering is maximum 0.5%. Both my Dry Clutch are completely unscrewed. Problem might be due to the dust cover moving a bit, off-centering itself as we reach high deflection, and so recenter itself we reach med/high deflection the other way. I will try tomorrow. Image
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56

Hon0> Gladiator MKII has a plastic, clamp style, cam system which is very different from the Gunfighter's. It has a (very) hard center and if one of the axis is not centering properly is either an issue of software, hardware or calibration.
I also noticed on my GunFighter that on the #10 cams (double 40's springs on each cam, dry clutch completely off) doesn't return to the absolute center, but I fly space only and I don't mind too much as in dogfighting I'm always moving the grip and when in traveling I'm activating some dampened curves by CrvA so it stays centered.

hon0

Postby hon0 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 14:11

Oh crap I though it was the PRO, my apologies. I guess it was too late for me when I was responding :oops:

Edit : Still, I tested without the dust cover and it made no difference. Max off center I got was 0.39%. So, 5.. 6 steps out of 2048. Not bad for a no center cam I guess. (Edit : With 0 deadzone).
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 0:43

I get an used (~1.5 years) Gladiator Mk.II (non PRO) and despite all axes still working very well, with precise reading without any spike including in throttle axis (with potentiometer), stick had this centering issue, more in X axis, but sometimes in Y too.

An curious thing:

If during calibration (Gladiator own calibration mode) I move stick grip first for left, after calibration when moving grip for right side when release reading don't return for "absolute center" = 32.767, but a bit less.

If I calibrate again and now move stick grip first for right, is the left side readings than now don't return to 32.767. :?:

Seems a combination of weak (fatigued?) springs and gimbal damper grease.

Return to “Technical Support”