VKB Device Config - Helicopter style Trim

Moderator: AdminGroup

k1ebe

Re: VKB Device Config - Helicopter style Trim

Postby k1ebe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:38

Hi,
I'm not infront on my gaming system so I'm working off of memory.
Fist off you have two buttons set as FA0 - none of these reset the trim to zero. They will both trim axis 1 & 2. You need to add a Trimmer Reset button - TrRst for axis 1 & 2. Check page 88 on the manual: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/controller2_17En.pdf

For the trimmer reset time, see page 23 of the manual. Set it to higher than 200. I think I have mine at Rate and somewhere around 5000ms

For your second question, it's better just to trim your stick in the current position. There should be no need to reset the trim and and then trim again. When I fly I usually only reset the trim when I'm on the ground, in flight I just re-trim constantly. This leads to a much smoother ride.

If you do want to trim with the same button press as trim reset, you need to set up a Boolean function, with the NOT parameter.
Last edited by k1ebe on Tue Dec 20, 2022 20:17, edited 1 time in total.

Bastlwastl

Postby Bastlwastl » Tue Dec 20, 2022 18:14

Thanks for your response!

I don‘t think i need/want a „reset trim“ function, i like the option with fixing the axis. However, when i center my stick (or bring it near center because i have very soft springs, so it does not center perfectly when letting it go),it can do a little jump because it is then returning the axis to the real center.

If i could define my own center (the position where i release my trim button and remove the fixation of the axis), there would be no jump.

I hope i have explained properly it so it is understandable.

Also, in this thread there is mentioned a „rate“ while using the fix axis function. How can this be achieved?

Thank you!

k1ebe

Postby k1ebe » Tue Dec 20, 2022 20:41

To use Rate when resetting your trim, change the trim mode to Rate, as shown in the picure. And play with the trim time to adjust the rate.
2.JPG

I don't think I understand what you mean in regards to the centering. If you've trimmed your axes, returned the stick to center and then release the trim button. You have trimmed your axes. And the game will see the axes position as something other than center. If you then set a new center, you will remove the trim. If you want to explre this route tinker around with the FA3 and/or Trimmer SET+ and Trimmer SET-. I'm not shure you'll be able to get the result you want.

An other route could be to set one of your hats to work as a directional trimmer, akin to what airplanes have. The Tr+ and Tr- will let you do that:
UJ5gnWiwUE.png

Bastlwastl

Postby Bastlwastl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 22:32

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my late answer!

The "Fix Axes" while holding my trim button pressed is working fine so far. I there the possibilty to do this with "time" as well?

So, basically, i press my trim button and two seconds later my axes get. i tried everything but couldn't get this to work.

Thank you very much!

Return to “Technical Support”