Gladiator MK II Not detecting DR button for axis slow down

Moderator: AdminGroup

KellyR

Gladiator MK II Not detecting DR button for axis slow down

Postby KellyR » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:03

I have set a button, #3 to reduce the response of the axis via the DR function in Fix Axis but it doesn't work. Ok. Here's what I've done in VKBDevCfg:

Common page of Global tab. Checked FA and set D-Rate to 1/2. TimeDR was set on 30 and 30 ms sounds about right so I left it there.
Buttons Buttons page of Profile Tab: In Button Mapping Wizard, set Input #3 to Fix Axes and set FA Type to DR. Checked 1 and 2 to apply to the pitch and roll. In my game, the yaw, which is controlled by RotationX (twist) is already slowed so I don't need that.

Saved everything in VKBDevCfg and exited. Went to the game. No slow down of pitch and roll when pressing button #3. So what am I doing wrong?

Edit: I do have a response curve set. If they response curves and D-Rate doesn't work together, I understand.

Victorus

Re: Gladiator MK II Not detecting DR button for axis slow down

Postby Victorus » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:07

KellyR wrote:Edit: I do have a response curve set. If they response curves and D-Rate doesn't work together, I understand.

Check Eq state on Physical axies tab for your axes. If checked, shaped response curve (Response curve tab) will be applied constantly - despite DR or Curves button pressed.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

KellyR

Re: Gladiator MK II Not detecting DR button for axis slow down

Postby KellyR » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25

Oh. Ok. I see. So they are one and the same. No problem. I use the Gladiator for a spaceflight game and due to there being no atmosphere, the precision needed to stop rotation is such that without the response curves it is well nigh impossible when flying manually without auto-stabilization. But I could see this being a good thing in atmospheric flight with a button to enable it. That's why I like this stick so much. It has something for nearly everyone. :D

Return to “Technical Support”