Blackbox Setup Issues

Moderator: AdminGroup

hon0

Re: Blackbox Setup Issues

Postby hon0 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 23:31

jpcboogie wrote:The problem is, I don't even have a column for the VKB rudder. There's one labeled VKBsim Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, which is my stick. I did try assigned the Z Axis to rudder to give it a shot, but nothing.

I am not sure as I only have one VKB device. But I think if you plug the T.Rudder to the same BlackBox as the Gunfigther, then the T.Rudder is "merged" with the Gunfighter. It end up being only one controller. That would explain why you don't see a category for your T.Rudder in DCS. See Bourrinopathe post here.

I think when you connect the T.Rudder, (or other VKB device) to to the same BlackBox, or to Gladiator base, then we have to go into Global - External - And there I think we have to assign physical axis (you physical T.Rudder axis) to virtual axis (Your Gunfighter virtual Z axis). I'll let someone answer that..

In the meantime, you could easily solve your problem by using your two BlackNox, each one with a single device.
VKB Devcie Config v0.91.26 - Firmware version: v1.994

jpcboogie

Re: Blackbox Setup Issues

Postby jpcboogie » Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:41

That makes sense as to why I only see one device in DCS, but even so, I still can't assign any axis for the rudder. I ended up following your recommendation and hooked up the other Blackbox and that seems to work. It's sad though that I have to do that versus being able to have both the stick and pedals going through one Blackbox, and in turn, only use one USB port.

I'll consider using two Blackbox's a band-aid fix; if anyone knows how to make both work through one Blackbox then I'm all ears.

Return to “Technical Support”