Inop top button

Moderator: AdminGroup

CraigStu

Inop top button

Postby CraigStu » Sun Mar 03, 2019 22:06

I bought a Gladiator from XPlane's store 10/21/18. In January 2019 the top most button failed. Feels as if the spring under the button collapsed. I have gotten no response to two emails and a phone message to the XPlane store. Can you help? I am quite capable mechanically so a replacement button would be great.
Thank you

AeroGator

Re: Inop top button

Postby AeroGator » Mon Mar 04, 2019 16:52

CraigStu wrote:I bought a Gladiator from XPlane's store 10/21/18. In January 2019 the top most button failed. Feels as if the spring under the button collapsed. I have gotten no response to two emails and a phone message to the XPlane store. Can you help? I am quite capable mechanically so a replacement button would be great.
Thank you

I believe it is possible. I am out all day tomorrow but will see if I can deal with it, if no - then Wednesday.
Do you have anything like proof of purchase from XPlane?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

CraigStu

Postby CraigStu » Mon Mar 04, 2019 22:57

AeroGator, I sent you a PM w/ a screen shot of part of my account at XPlane store. If it didn't work properly, let me know and I will do the same via email. Thank you.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:42

CraigStu wrote:AeroGator, I sent you a PM

If you did it at this forum, then something went wrong, and I didn't receive anything.
But regardless, let us try the following:
If you open the grip casing you will be able to check whether the button is in its proper place.
Sometimes the buttons slide back a bit - hard to explain without a picture but I don't have a disassembled grip to take a snap - however I am sure once you open the grip you will see what I mean.
If the button slid away from its home position, just return it where it should be and fix with a drop of removable glue; it will work again as new.
If not - well, let's check the above thing first.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

CraigStu

Postby CraigStu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 16:52

Thanks I will do that and report back.

CraigStu

Postby CraigStu » Thu Mar 07, 2019 18:27

Aerogator, I can't thank you enough. Your diagnosis was spot on. It is now fixed. Pushed the switch back into position and a small drop of glue to keep it there. Sure wish I had 3 hands for the reassemble.

Acro00

Postby Acro00 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56

Hi all, i have the same trouble : sometimes, the top button (the big one that you press with the thumb) doesn't work any more... : it s like it was blocked.... no more "click" also... so i remove the screw, open the stick and... se nothing explaining the issue... then i assemble the stick and the button work normally again... up to the next time ! it s boring to open it and i don't undestand why......
i opend it tonight, didn t see if the button has moved and closed the stick : the button works and i can hear ( and feel) the "click...

As i am french, maybe i dont undesrstand something : which part of the button do you suggest to "glue"
Thx,

Acro

Return to “Technical Support”