Flashing green light on blackbox

Moderator: AdminGroup

Coyle

Flashing green light on blackbox

Postby Coyle » Fri Mar 01, 2019 0:52

Quick summery:

Acquired Kosmosima grip, flashed using latest 'SCG' firmware
Messed around with it a little, all is good.
Switched back to MCG & flashed to a newer firmware compared to previous firmware that I used.
Non stop green flashing light despite my best attempts to fix it. Stick remains 100% functional despite flash.

-----

If I recall prior to flashing the Kosmosima 1.96.7 SCG firmware, I believe I was using GF 1.94B. The SCG flashed successfully and I messed around with it before deciding to put it away as I most likely won't be using it until an all-in-one firmware (which I hope is something that is being worked on) is released as swapping grips back and forth will be a bit of a pain for now.

After swapping grips and flashing to 1.96.0 I skipped the calibration process as I figured I could just reload the profile I had previously saved. After flying around a bit I had noticed the flashing green on the blackbox, so I went through several attempts of re-flashing the newest and some older firmware using both VKBDevCfg 0.89.7.6 & ZBootloader-C (1.15 I think) as 'Run as Administrator' with no luck and constant VKBDevCfg crashes during the process, causing me to reboot several times to get it to work.

Eventually I tried defaulting the stick and to my surprise the light went red. At this point I went through several attempts of re calibrating and setting up the stick via saving multiple profiles, setting the profiles to the stick, etc. but each and every time after setting the profiles the blackbox would flash green when not left as 'default'.

The stick still performs as it should, I'm having no difficulty flying or using any of the buttons I have set up, but the blackbox continues to flash green...

Should I be concerned? Is this a bug from flashing back and forth between SCG & MCG firmware?

Thanks.

Ron61

Re: Flashing green light on blackbox

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 13:31

Try after changing the handles and firmware (for each of its own) to reset the settings in the Default button in the configurator. And only then calibrate and adjust.

Coyle

Postby Coyle » Sat Mar 02, 2019 17:25

Flashed SCG, set to default, parked then swapped grips, flashed MCG PRO, set to default and re-calibrated.

After "Set"ing the MCG, it started flashing green once again...

Am I missing something or did the box break just decide break after flashing between each firmware?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 20:58

Show a screenshot of the Led tab with each grip from the configurator.To more accurately determine the location of the error.

Coyle

Postby Coyle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:28

Here are the LEDs
Attachments
LED MCG 1.png
LED MCG 2.png
Profile set

Coyle

Postby Coyle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:30

^
Attachments
LED SCG 1.png
LED SCG 2.png
Profile set

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:21

event6.png

Look for similar intersections in LED settings. Replace unneeded events with External one.
Note about Shift0. This function is On if NO Shift (1 or 2) pressed. E.g. always))
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 13:34

You must first determine the Led that interests us. There are four of them on BB, the numbering starts from zero.
In Test-Misc in the lower right corner in the "Led N" window, enter values from 0 to 3 and holding the "Fast Test" key, determine the location and colors of the available Led.
After that, the figures in the Led settings tab will become clearer. We remove the extra and customize the necessary.

Led.jpg

Coyle

Postby Coyle » Sun Mar 03, 2019 19:25

I'm guessing you are seeking which of the 4 LEDs were blinking, I should have mentioned that from the start so my bad... It's the LED that is by itself, not part of the group of 3, or "#2" I think, as per the VKB device Config.

As per Victorus' post, I didn't quite follow what you were trying to say. I'm not super familiar with the software and the only custom thing I've done thus far is assign buttons 24 and 28 on the flip trigger prior to receiving the SCG. It should be noted that, the same single LED we are talking about was always a solid red after having first set it up when I first received the MCG, so I figured that was a normal state and that now, something blinking means something went wrong.

In the case of the SCG premium, I think the #2 LED is actually OFF after setting it up, and the only thing I did was remove the ability for the mini stick to switch between stick/pov and assigned a button to the depress instead, so it's not like I'm doing much customization over the default settings of the grip itself. All I'm doing for both grips is calibrating and changing 1 or 2 buttons, that's all.

Return to “Technical Support”