How to reduce sensitivity in VKBDevCfg-C

Moderator: AdminGroup

stonedaf

How to reduce sensitivity in VKBDevCfg-C

Postby stonedaf » Sat Feb 02, 2019 23:49

Hi!

Just bought the Gladiator mk.II and trying to set it up. I am unable to get that Wizzo software working, says "joystick not found". Tried to unplug all my USB devices and disable all mouse,keyboard etc. software but still no luck. However the VKBDevCfg-C program seems to be working. Only problem is I have no idea what I am doing in here, all I want to achieve for now is reduce sensitivity on pitch, roll axes but don't know how to do it. Can you help me out please ?

Victorus

Re: How to reduce sensitivity in VKBDevCfg-C

Postby Victorus » Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:01

stonedaf wrote:... I want to achieve for now is reduce sensitivity on pitch, roll axes but don't know how to do it. Can you help me out please ?

If VKBDevCfg works and you want to customize your joystick I recommend to forget about WIZZO. It is helpful but too simple tool.
Here https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ojzm-lJM4BlPHnGRqSdAdqRsSr2yOsIo you can find VKB controllers User Guide. All VKB devices use the same Njoy32 controller.
To reduce axes sensitivity you can set up response curves (see 3.6. Responce curves section in this guide) or use D.Rate button function (2.4.6. Axis sensitivity reduce section).
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

RedVonHammer

Postby RedVonHammer » Tue Jan 05, 2021 15:23

Sorry to bring up a "dead" topic, but this is where I have an issue.
I got the T-Rudder MK.IV with the Blackbox MK.II, and I downloaded this profile: https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=t-r ... k-software
And it works, but issue is the joystick sensivity/deadzone/whatever, it's been bumped up by so much that in the joytester, windows 10 controller settings & everything else, X & Y axis values are jumping up and down like crazy, even 30 year old joysticks with archaic potmeters have better centering.
Another issue is, when I bring the joystick X & Y axis all the way over (Up & down, left & right) it resets to center, only it does so WAY off the center mark, so I have to bring it all the way over to the opposite side to have it recenter somewhat in the ballpark, give or take a couple of thousands (out of about 65535 :D )

I checked out the guide, but it seems completely irrelevant to the newest devcfg, nothing matches with where it has to be, and when I check out the curves, they seem like they're completely standard already.
And just looking at the devcfg I'm at a complete loss, I don't know what half of that stuff means, 60 different programs/loaders that have to be started and all that stuff, in fact I can't even remember how I loaded the profile to begin with :lol:
So I'm at a complete loss.
Edit, here's a video showing the issue.
First few seconds is with not touching stick or rudder at all, then I'm moving all the axis here and there, you can see the issue, it's just going completely haywire!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y8cnBl ... e=youtu.be

Any takers? :)

Drano

Postby Drano » Tue Jan 05, 2021 17:03

First, just to get it out of the way, never use windows to try to set up these devices. That's a nono! These sticks are what I would call semi plug N play. But that I mean windows will see the device when you plug it in but that's the end of it. They're also unlike any we've dealt with before. Setting them up is a bit more complicated.

First thing you should do out of the box is to default the stick and then calibrate the stick completely in VKBDevconfig. This process will be slightly different due to the different combos of base and grip but must be followed exactly. Seems a pain but it's necessary because of the modular design. Once you've done it a couple of times it becomes second nature.

Only after you've done this can you continue to map and set up your stick as you like. If the axii aren't too your liking you can set up curves for each one. Check that out in this video. Might be a good idea to watch the others on the VKB channel too. Good luck

https://youtu.be/rSi11U5J6tg
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W