New warthog adaptor

Moderator: AdminGroup

ebenitez

New warthog adaptor

Postby ebenitez » Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07

Hello everybody.
I have received a new warthog adaptor for using it with a "Cougar" grip as the old one became broken ( the pins were bent and didn't connect properly to the Gladiator Pro MK I base) and found it is a bit different than the old one. The main difference is that it lacks the PCB used to give electronical compatibility with the Cougar/Warthog grip. It came with a 5 wires-5 pins connector that I thought should connect directly to the Cougar's PCB. When I put the adaptor and loaded the proper Warthog profile with VKBDevCfg there was no response at all with the Cougar buttons. Then I remembered that maybe I had to upgrade the firmware and found that since May to now there was a new firmware for the Gladiator series. I tried to upgrade the firmware through the same program VKBDevCfg but couldn't do it because as soon as i pressed the "Start Bootloader" button, the Gladiator became disconnected and the Z-bootloader said "Device Turn out" with the red dot next to it and an error message saying the Joystick was disconnected, not allowing to flash any firmware.
I have sent a proper ticket to VKB Europe on Thursday 24th but want also to try to ask here if someone has been found himself in the same or similar situation and found a solution.

I have a Gladiator Pro MK I with firmware 1.93.9, the software is as mentioned the VKBDevCfg version 0.79 and tried to make a Warthog Adaptor for Gladiator Pro MK I, work.

Thank you very much

Ernesto

Return to “Technical Support”