Connecting two Gunfighters with Kosmosima

Moderator: AdminGroup

RiftFlyer

Connecting two Gunfighters with Kosmosima

Postby RiftFlyer » Thu Jan 24, 2019 21:00

Will it be possible to connect the black boxes of two gunfighter bases with kosmosima grips using the bus?

I’m just thinking ahead to setting up the sticks with star citizen. It would be useful to be able to control shift states and LED colour on two sticks with a single button on one of the grips. This would be useful for expanding button functionality for different flight regimes, where one button press could change the button functionality across both grips at the same time. LED colours changeing on both grips would be useful for identifying the currently selected regime.

I know this can be done per individual grip but having just one button change both grips at the same time would be very useful as it would free up a button on one grip and would also lower user workload.

AeroGator

Re: Connecting two Gunfighters with Kosmosima

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:37

DirectInput dictates a limit of 8 axes per device.
Also, USB does not allow more than 500 mA.
Hence I would not recommend doing this - now.
But we do see a future chance for it, and will work in this direction.

ALSO: if you are a tester, pls stay in the closed forum section that we made for testers. When Kosmosima becomes public, it will be alright to talk about it here.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

RiftFlyer

Postby RiftFlyer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:59

Thanks for the reply. I’m not a tester, I’m a future customer :wink:

Regarding the usb power and axis limitation. Just to clarify, I’m not asking about using a single black box/usb connection with two sticks. I’m talking about two black boxes communicating across the bus with a link cable. Each stick still being seen as unique devices and having their usual USB connection to the PC. The state change could only apply to the buttons.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 15:57

RiftFlyer wrote:Will it be possible to connect the black boxes of two gunfighter bases with kosmosima grips using the bus?

I’m just thinking ahead to setting up the sticks with star citizen. It would be useful to be able to control shift states and LED colour on two sticks with a single button on one of the grips. This would be useful for expanding button functionality for different flight regimes, where one button press could change the button functionality across both grips at the same time. LED colours changeing on both grips would be useful for identifying the currently selected regime.

I know this can be done per individual grip but having just one button change both grips at the same time would be very useful as it would free up a button on one grip and would also lower user workload.

You can connect ANY VKB NJoy32 controllers via BUS. BlackBox, Mamba, Gladiators etc. - all controlled by Njoy32. With different PCBs and connector sets may be)). I've tried to connect even 3 controllers and succeeded)).
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

RiftFlyer

Postby RiftFlyer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 16:58

Thanks Victorus. It’s good to know it can be done. I suppose my next questions have to be about the ‘how’.

Firstly, on the hardware side. Will the required five pin link cable be available to purchase from VKB or their resellers?

Secondly, will it be possible to configure an arrangement like I mention in my first post via the VKBDevCfg-C software without needing a dedicated firmware or additional software?
Last edited by RiftFlyer on Fri Jan 25, 2019 22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Jan 25, 2019 17:29

RiftFlyer wrote:Firstly, on the hardware side. Will the required five pin link cable be available to purchase from VKB or their resellers?
Secondly, will it be possible to configure an arrangement like I mention in my first post via the VKBDevCfg-C software without needing a dedicated firmware or additional software?

1. Do not know((( Former controllers had RJ12 connector. BB connectors I ordered from Aliexpress, https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/-/32843987303.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.40af33edlzodre
Here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2050 you can find BUS theory. Russian yet(( Questions are welcome.
2. All firmwares allow to use bus. With the same configuration tool (VKBDevcfg.exe) as for other functions programming.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

RiftFlyer

Postby RiftFlyer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 17:36

Fantastic. I will continue reading and hopefully will be in a position to try and implement the functionality I have in mind when the grips are released and I have received them. You’ve been very helpful. Thanks again.

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 18:40

Perhaps at first we will try a software connection, but for now it is impossible to say whether it will be successful

This method (by software) may give a delay about 16/32 ms, but in most cases it is not so important
Крайние прошивки и софт / Latest firmware & software
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908
http://alex-oz.strana.de

RiftFlyer

Postby RiftFlyer » Fri Jan 25, 2019 20:56

Thanks Alex. From what I’ve been reading here it’s apparent there is no better person to implement it in software if it’s possible.

The ~32ms delay would not be an issue and would be similar to the virtual keyboard modifier delay I’ve read about in the manual. It would just mean cycling through a little slower. The change of LED colour would be a good indicator for the user if the button was pressed too quickly.

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Fri Jan 25, 2019 21:52

This presetted delay is only for the second key of combination such as Control+Key, Alt+Key, Shift+Key
it made specifically for BoX (battle of ... sim 777 Studio) - because this sim don't recognize simultaneous pressing of two keys.
In all other cases, the delay of the intermal keyboard is 1-3ms.

I think in the secondary device it will be possible make indication of current state.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:58

I have now prepared version fw and software link - maybe one of the Kosmosima testers will try it in.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908

RiftFlyer

Postby RiftFlyer » Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:45

That’s great news Alex. Thanks.

Return to “Technical Support”