Gladiator Pro Mk II/III?/X?/Mysterious-New-Product-Yet-To-Be-Announced and Kosmosima

Moderator: AdminGroup

tferroato

Gladiator Pro Mk II/III?/X?/Mysterious-New-Product-Yet-To-Be-Announced and Kosmosima

Postby tferroato » Sun Jan 13, 2019 23:03

Hey,
I'm looking to dive into the VKB world and have been looking around at the offerings.
I really like what I've seen of the Kosmosima grip so far and would like to pair it with a Gladiator Pro Mk II base. The problem is that the Gladiator Pro Mk II seems to be all sold out with no replacements on the way. From reading the forums, it seems like something to replace the Gladiator Pro Mk II is on the horizon but the timetable on that is hazy and there might be a new batch of Gladiator Pro Mk IIs to tide us over.

From AeroGator (viewtopic.php?p=32992#p32992):
"Plans are called so because unlike firm production schedule, they can be adjusted or altered.
We are working on a new joystick that is supposed to come as a replacement to G Pro. It is not clear right now how long it'd take to roll it out. If long, like in "too long", then we will make another batch of GPro. If not as long as that, then GPro will not be made. Simple as this"

Now the problem:
I hear how the store tends to sell out and stay sold out for months and months. I'm worried I won't be able to get a Kosmosima grip and a Gladiator-type base at the same time. So if I wanted to snag a Kosmosima grip as soon as they hit the store and then pick up a Gladiator-type base whenever the next batch become available (whether that's a new shipment of Gladiator Pro Mk IIs or a new product that's been teased to be in the design stages), which base type should I order to ensure it will be compatible with the Gladiator replacement? Will the new product have the same connector type as the current Gladiator Pro Mk II? Do we know? Does VKB know? Or has it not been decided yet? Is there any indication to a timetable? From what I've seen so far, VKB makes Cloud Imperium Games' promises of "Soon™" look cute :). I'm fine waiting...I just want to have a rough idea of how long I'll be waiting and if I can grab one of the Kosmosimas when they come out and know it'll be compatible with what your Gladiator Pro Mk II replacement is planned to be.

rtrski

Re: Gladiator Pro Mk II/III?/X?/Mysterious-New-Product-Yet-To-Be-Announced and Kosmosima

Postby rtrski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 0:13

I'm not VKB, just a user, and you don't specify if you are in US, Europe, or elsewhere.

But if you want to get a base and Kosmosima "at the same time" and soon(ish) I believe your best option is the Gunfighter Mk II base, as it's the most recent interface and therefore the most likely one to have compatibility with anything else made new.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

tferroato

Re: Gladiator Pro Mk II/III?/X?/Mysterious-New-Product-Yet-To-Be-Announced and Kosmosima

Postby tferroato » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:36

I was hoping for a base with all the buttons like the Gladiator.

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Mon Jan 14, 2019 15:16

...if I wanted to snag a Kosmosima grip as soon as they hit the store and then pick up a Gladiator-type base whenever the next batch become available...

That's what I gave an opinion on. If you want a base with buttons, then there's really only the Gladiator (non-pro) Mk II which does not have a removable grip, so you'd be buying both a new Kosmosima grip and base later. Or watch the used market for a Gladiator Pro Mk II.
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

Return to “Technical Support”