Gunfighter II MCG Pro not calibrating

Moderator: AdminGroup

DEG

Gunfighter II MCG Pro not calibrating

Postby DEG » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:14

Got a new GFII MCG Pro yesterday, trying to get it working.

Following the instructions here:
http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/G ... -Guide.pdf

I get through pages 8 and 9 (firmware flashes ok - v1.94B). Get stuck on page 10

After Flashing, you need to Reset your Gunfighter’s BlackBox to default:
1. Launch VKBdevCfg-C. DONE, WORKS
2. In the top panel, click on the "VKBsim Gunfighter..." name to select it. DONE, WORKS
3. From the Tools tab, click on the "Default" button in the top-left corner. DONE, WORKS?
4. The device will restart with factory default settings; any previously red blinking 'Stick LED' on the
BlackBox should turn solid green. DOES NOT WORK - STICK LED STAYS BLINKING RED, AND I GET A "CALIBRATE CONTROLLER" POP UP WINDOW. I Can't make this go away

I've tried using the start calibration, but the black box doesn't seem to be recognizing the GFII base or MCG Pro.

I tried loading the previous flash, v1.921. The STICK LED stays blinking red, but I now get a green (solid) BUS LED along with the blue (solid) SYS LED. Still won't calibrate, no activity shows up.

I have a 2nd Black Box that came with a previous purchase of rudder pedals. It has (had) firmware v1.936. Worked great, both using windows calibration for the rudders, and also with VKB CFG. I then flashed it to firmware v1.94B. Upon reboot, I got a blue solid, and a green blinking STICK LED. Used the VKB CFG 'Default' button, and it rebooted, still with the blinking green LED. I then tried 'Start Calib' button, and after reset, still get the blinking green LED

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Don

Ron61

Re: Gunfighter II MCG Pro not calibrating

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:39

We need screenshots of the tabs Global, Profile-Axes, Test-External Devices.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30

Do you see axes response in VKB joytester or on Test tab of VKBDevCfg or Windows applet?
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

DEG

Postby DEG » Fri Jan 11, 2019 19:12

Test - External.PNG
Profile - Axes.PNG
Global - External.PNG

Some progress. This morning after removing cables, checking connectors, including inside the base, both Black Boxes started blinking green on the STICK LED. Looking at the VKB Cfg Test tab, the base was now showing green on the bar (the MCG was still red). The green bar was moving up and down a bit, (eg looked like activity?) This agreed with my suspicion that neither the base nor the grip were seen by the black box last night, now the base was being seen, but the grip was not. I then loosened the grip from the base, and 'clocked' it back and forth to confirm a good connection, and the grip then started showing green bar on the test page. I then proceeded to calibrate, and got to here:

VKB Cfg Test tab now shows green for both base and grip, but no bar movement. The Black Box STICK LED is now red solid (not blinking). The VKB Cfg software doesn't seem able to control the base or grip. Windows app now DOES calibrate (some) axes ok. The images attached are from this state. I'm going to continue investigating, (get back to the state where the VKB software asks to override the windows cal).

Edit/Update:

Almost there - have everything working except the flip-up trigger analog
Last edited by DEG on Fri Jan 11, 2019 20:32, edited 1 time in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 19:46

It should be recalled - never use the Windows applet to calibrate VKB devices!
If this does happen, then at the next launch of the configurator, it will determine this and will offer to create a * .reg file for correction.
The file will be placed in the configurator folder. It will only need to be run to remove calibration entries from the registry.

After this, it is advisable to reconnect the BlackBox to USB. And only after all, calibrate all axes. And the trigger too.

Display a screenshot of the Global tab and Axes-Physical axes, not the Response curve. Led can then be customized.
Add the following lines to the zconfig.ini file for the appearance of this (and not only) tab for Led settings. About this is written here on the last page.

zconfig,ini.png

DEG

Postby DEG » Fri Jan 11, 2019 22:09

Everything seems to be operating now.

The Black Box that came with the Gunfighter displays the STICK LED solid red, the Black Box that came with the Rudder pedals (it's older) displays the STICK LED solid green. Both Black Boxes work the same (eg all working except the trigger). If I understand what you're saying above, the color of the STICK LED can be programmed to be solid green or solid red (I'm assuming the 2 Black Boxes I have are set differently, maybe different age?).

Thanks for all your help!

Another question on the flip-up trigger analog axis. It defaults to A2B on, and I can mess around with the Saft, Armed, Fire1, Fire2 settings so the information is being read from the stick. However, I don't see any axis position display on the Test - Axes window (all the other ones show up and move. Screenshot attached, where Main stick is Axis X and Axis Y, Gate is Rot Z and Slider1, Brake Lever is Slider2, Master Mode is POV. Where does the flip-up trigger analog axis information show up? Screenshot of Profile tab with Physical and Logical axes shown (Axes2Buttons - Enable MCG PRO Trigger UNchecked)
Profile1.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 22:35

Look here.

Return to “Technical Support”