Custom extension

Moderator: AdminGroup

Mud

Custom extension

Postby Mud » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:20

Hey guys,

i took apart my extension to see how it's built, and it's quite simple as i expected, so i'm planning to do my own straight 10cm one, since the gunfighter one is too long for my setup.

Could anyone from the staff, confirm a shorter extension(10cm) is no problemo regarding the gimbal and the stick, in a mechaincal way?

Thank you.

AeroGator

Re: Custom extension

Postby AeroGator » Mon Dec 24, 2018 7:01

A longer lever might be a problem, a shorter one hardly.
But please let me remind you that although we never restrict users' modifications, anything you do you do at your own risk, and if it causes any irreversible damage the repair will not be free.
One more thing: altering the length of the extension will likely ruin the balance, i.e., the grip will tend to lean in some direction, and you will not be able to compensate for it by readjusting the springs or cams or dry clutch. We will not be responsible for problems like "after I did [this or that], the grip fails to re-center".
Otherwise, I see no problem :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Mud

Postby Mud » Tue Dec 25, 2018 23:38

Hey AeroGator, thank you for your reply.

Totaly understand that, anyway i can't use the extension, so worst case i'll go back to no extension like i'm using it until now.

Yep was worried about this too since it's already happening a little bit with the original one, it tends to go back very easy due to the curve, but as i want to make it quite short and straight i hope it doesn't, i guess i'll see how it handle, like i said above, if it doesn't work i'll go back to only base+stick.

If u don't mind,I might bother you with one last question i didn't think about earlier, i plan to use an aluminium tube but are both connectors well isolated from the signal, since i don't want to make a short with an electrically conducting material ?

Thank you for your help.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:38

Mud wrote:i don't want to make a short

Unless you work real hard to make it happen, it won't!
Good luck in your project, and keep us posted. Would be good if you photoed/videoed the progress and made it public once done.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Fri Dec 28, 2018 18:21

Mud

Easy way is get VKB 20cm extension, dismantle them - is just two bolts that fit ends, and use this ends in your custom length tube. With creativity you can leave grip in balance, sample:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/uploads/ ... 2a70f5.jpg

Return to “Technical Support”