MCG Pro Trigger SAFE and ARMED buttons not working correctly

Moderator: AdminGroup

LukasB

MCG Pro Trigger SAFE and ARMED buttons not working correctly

Postby LukasB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 18:19

Hi, I cant get the PRO Trigger SAFE and ARMED virtual buttons to work. This worked correctly before I upgraded the firmware from 1.94_B to 1.95.4. Now the SAFE button doesnt work and ARMED button is always pressed.
I tried reset to default and creating new profile, this didnt help. Any advice?
Thank you.

Gunfighter MkII with MCG Pro
#10 Cams
#30 Springs
FW: v1.95.4
VKBDevconfig: v0.88.91
Zbootloader: v1.15

Profile:
profile.zip
(1.19 KiB) Downloaded 211 times

Clipboard03.jpg

Clipboard04.jpg

Button 28 is always on, regardless of trigger position.

Ron61

Re: MCG Pro Trigger SAFE and ARMED buttons not working correctly

Postby Ron61 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 19:09

Read this topic, there is a link to the extreme firmware. In order for the button to work impulsively, you need to check the Pulse box.

LukasB

Postby LukasB » Sun Dec 02, 2018 20:01

OK, I flashed _BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_95_A.vkb and checked Pulse and its working, so thank you for fast answer!

Just one question, probably stupid, but if Im understand correctly, the Pro trigger is basically an axis. It is possible to configure it to behave like normal axis?

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Dec 02, 2018 23:08

LukasB wrote:Just one question, probably stupid, but if Im understand correctly, the Pro trigger is basically an axis. It is possible to configure it to behave like normal axis?

Good, not stupid question.
You can see trigger as axis. By default it works as axis of virtual controller #2. Set as #1. By default axis#7 of Gunfighter intended for pedals. For example i assigned it to trigger. See my screenshots.
external.png

axes.png

response.png
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

LukasB

Postby LukasB » Mon Dec 03, 2018 0:25

I got this working and was able to set the trigger as wheel brake in DCS F-18, as I use the MCG brake lever as Paddle Switch.

The downside is, ARMED/SAFE buttons doesnt work, but this I expected and dont really mind because this is even better.
Also this axis is probably reserved for twist adapter? So this wont be possible with adapter installed, I think.

Anyway this is super impressive, Im quite surprised it is possible. Thanks again!

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:16

I've answered one question))) About buttons. We can try to assign right Virtual Controller # for new axis (1 instead of2) and axis# too (7).
a2b.png
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

robomiller

Postby robomiller » Sun Jan 13, 2019 13:20

I know that this thread is a little old. But I am having the same exact problem with armed and safe. His screen shots look exactly like mine. Except my FW says v1.95b. Is that the newest firmware? The website highest lists at 1.94.b. That link that was in that other thread has a v1.95.9. I'm not to sure what the B stands for in the firmware versions. It seems to work some times for a little but just randomly stops working. I Just got my Gunfighter MCG pro so I'm a total noob and am not familiar with the software quite yet. So maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 16:20

It should be recalled that until the trigger axis is calibrated (the numbers 255 and 0 in KdHi, KdLo, Bias in the Axes2Buttons tab will speak about this), it’s not worth talking about any proper operation of the Armed buttons, Safe buttons and the rest.

a2b.png

MisterMann

Postby MisterMann » Mon Jan 24, 2022 21:22

I am glad to see I am not the only new MCG Ultimate owner with this problem. I have been banging my head against the keyboard all morning trying to get this to work. So far ... no joy. :oops:

Thing is, I SAW this work the other day and now it isn't. I can't, for the life of me, figure out what what I did to mess it up. I did change the springs and cams in the base - I've done nothing with the stick itself.

Here's how the trigger is configured.

When I go to test this, the only action recognized is the actual trigger pull itself on button 3

There are no pulses seen for buttons 35 and 38 as I have configured on the Axis Profile. Yes, I have pressed the "Set Button" :D

I have flashed the latest firmware (v2.090) found on the VKB downloads section. I even tried loading the VKB Button and Joystick programs just to see if they detected the movement/buttons (they didn't).
I am running VKB Device Config v0.92.17

If I turn OFF the pulse option on the Axes Config the virtual button 38 is turned on but does NOTHING when I move the trigger to the "safe" position. I understand that the software is interpreting the trigger position to always be in the "Armed" or down position.

Lastly, in an attempt of pure desperation, I have tried calibrating the stick. I press the Start Calibr button, move the trigger UP, DOWN, and PULL (2x) and then press End Calibr. Still nothing :cry:

What the heck am I doing wrong here????????????

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:38

Please check the post just above yours - it mentions that the KD Hi and KD Lo values can't be 255 for an axis, because that means the axis is uncalibrated. Now check your chart with the folding trigger: you have the same values - your trigger, which is an axis, is uncalibrated and won't work properly. In order to get it calibrated click the Start Calibr button, calibrate all the axes on your grip and when it comes to the trigger (which has to be in Armed mode when beginning calibration) squeeze it (like firing it), then push it back to Armed position, then push it up to Safe position, then again to Armed, squeeze it and back to Armed. You could see the calibration procedure here (from timestamp). Don't forget to reset it to default before calibration.

MisterMann

Postby MisterMann » Tue Jan 25, 2022 16:11

Fallout9 - you are my HERO! Thank you so much!

I knew this was a user error of some kind. I had done everything except pressing DEFAULT before calibrating.

Thanks for being here to help.

mm

Return to “Technical Support”