Can't get anything other than X and Y axis to work on GF + MCG Pro

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drathanos

Can't get anything other than X and Y axis to work on GF + MCG Pro

Postby Drathanos » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:59

So I just finally got around to mounting my Gunfighter base to my sim pit and attached the MCG Pro grip and hooked it up to my computer.
I downloaded all the recent manuals and software and went through the blackbox manual for the set up. I flashed the "_BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_94_B.vkb" file and restarted.
However when I went back into the VKBDevCfg-C program, I tried running calibration, but the only axes that got any response were X and Y.
I tried in Wizzo and it also only gets any input from Roll and Pitch. VKB joytester only gets X and Y input as well.
None of the other axes and buttons get any sort of response when I use them in any of those programs.
I'm not sure if I'm just missing something that I need to do or not.

Drano

Re: Can't get anything other than X and Y axis to work on GF + MCG Pro

Postby Drano » Sun Dec 02, 2018 18:11

Hopefully the version of VKBDevconfig you're using is compatible with the firmware you're using. To find out look at the top in VKBDevconfig where it shows it's version number. There will be a firmware number displayed there as well. What it means is THIS version of VKBDevconfig is compatible with THAT version or below of firmware. Anything higher likely either won't work at all or won't be fully functional.

So there's that.

Either way a very important step that can't be missed after flashing a firmware is to default the stick. There's a button for that in VKBDevconfig. Hit that. The stick will restart. Now continue with a calibration. That should do it.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Drathanos

Re: Can't get anything other than X and Y axis to work on GF + MCG Pro

Postby Drathanos » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:52

The VKB Device Config version is v0.87.05 which is the latest on the site and the njoy32 firmware shows v1.94.9.
In the list box, it shows "VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat PRO V.1.94B : HID-compliant game controller"
I did hit default and all that. Neither the VKBDevCfg, Wizzo, nor the VKB_JoyTester are reading any inputs other than X and Y.

Edit:
Solved it I think. The External Devices tab under Tools was showing a full red bar for the MCG. I guess somehow it wasn't making contact with the pins. I took it off and re-seated it and it seems to be working now.

Return to “Technical Support”