Problem with T-Rudder IV Virtual Brake

Moderator: AdminGroup

Mathieas

Problem with T-Rudder IV Virtual Brake

Postby Mathieas » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:57

Hi all,

I just received my T-Rudder pedals and I am having an issue getting the virtual brakes to work. I have done a number of things already trying to see what is going on.

FYI:
I am using CH products Fighter Stick and Throttle.
I have Blackbox NoJoy firmware ver: 1.94.9 which i do not see the website.

What I have done:
1)Ran the config tool and tried to load the T-link profile. This profile will not load when i click "Set". When i attempt to set it says "No new data" in a popup and right below the picture of the blackbox(it is really orange/red) it says "!!!!Non-Compatible profile !!!!". I wonder if this has something to do with my firmware ver. being newer? It does not match the T-link profile ver. though i am unsure if that matters.I am afraid to downgrade my firmware as i do not see my ver. on the web(mine is higher then they have to download).

2)I tried to run t-link anyway and was able to get things talking and even set a button for the brakes.... but when i go to "Aux" to test i get nothing on the brake axis, though my brake button is registering by lighting up in the T-Link.

Does anyone happen to have any ideas?

Thank very much!

Jonathan
Last edited by Mathieas on Tue Nov 27, 2018 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

blackram

Re: Problem with T-Rudder IV Virtual Brake

Postby blackram » Tue Nov 27, 2018 13:10

Take a look maybe you will find a newer version here
latest software:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... F29CE7DF25
latest firmware:
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... F29CE7DF25

So, latest firmware for T-rudder Blackbox is indeed 1.95.9 but latest VKB Devconfig is 0.88.91 and latest T-Link for pedals is 0.70.0

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14

Hi there Blackram,

Thank you very much for the reply. I did as you instructed and installed those updated programs. Do i need to update the Nojoy firmware as well? I did the blackbox and it shows up as updated in the config but the title bar at the top still shows the same ver. Please see screenshots below, they show the before and after. You can see the nojoy firmware at the top has not changed.
Attachments
Capture_95_4.PNG
Capture_95_9.PNG

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:18

Here is what i get when i try to load the Tlink profile and click set.
Attachments
Capture_nodata.PNG

blackram

Postby blackram » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:11

You have the latest blackbox firmware installed but it seams your Tlink software isnt working properly with that firmware. You will need to wait for VKB repesentative to help you. BTW, after every firmware update you need to recalibrate the unit. At least it is required for the joysticks, probably for pedals too.

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:12

Blackram,

Do you happen to know if it is OK to downgrade my firmware to one that is compatible? I have sent in two tickets to VKB but have not heard back yet and this feature is important for me to determine if i will keep these pedals.

blackram

Postby blackram » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:35

Ofcourse, you can flash the older firmware no probs. Just be sure to calibrate the unit afterwards if needed. For joystick its mandatory.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:58

Take 1.95A from here, after firmware reset to default and calibrate. Launch T-Link and configure the button. No additional profiles need to be loaded for the pedals, everything is already configured in the firmware.
Guide here.

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 21:53

Hi Ron61,

That worked! Thank you sir!

One possible issue though, I did notice my readout on the pedal output seems a bit more jittery. Is that possible from a firmware update?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 23:14

You're welcome. If you show screenshots of the Profile-Axes tab, perhaps I will tell you where to look and what to change.

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:10

Hey there Ron,

Please see attached :).

I also have a new issue. When i boot now during the initial bios load(before windows loads) of the boot i get 4 long sounding tones when it gets to the pedals. I still get the nice quick beeps for the other devices and I used to get this for the pedals as well. I also now have a solid red light on the black box that used to be green i think or purple? I tried reverting to the previous firmware I had installed and the issue persists. I also tried moving them to another USB port and no luck. When they are disconnected the long beeps go away and i boot normally. Any ideas what could be going on?

Thank you again!
Attachments
Profile_axis.PNG

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 15:57

To access the Led settings (and not only that), you need to write in the Zconfig.ini file in the [User] section a line User=Developer.
You can add another line to another section, as in the picture. Read about it in the manual .
8.png

Mathieas

Postby Mathieas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 22:14

Thank you, is it normal for a firmware to change LED settings? If yes, then I have no need to change, i just want to make sure everything is working as intended.

Thanks!

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 22:43

Normally, but do not forget about your hands and head. There is always the possibility of fine adjustment for yourself without the fear of “breaking” anything. Button "Default" will return everything to the factory.

blackram

Postby blackram » Sat Dec 01, 2018 1:45

So basically we dont have Tlink which works with latest firmware for T-rudder pedals.....

Return to “Technical Support”