Problem with T-Rudder IV Virtual Brake

Moderator: AdminGroup

Mathieas

Re: Problem with T-Rudder IV Virtual Brake

Postby Mathieas » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:09

Blackram,

The above firmware 1.95A does work for me with tlink 0.70. The only issue is on boot things are behaving a bit differently. I called EVGA and asked them about the post beep sounds and they claim joysticks and other controllers can have beeps as i described. It is just odd to me that boot beep sounds and number changed after the firmware update... things are working so I have to accept that the firmware changed how my motherboard sees/detects the rudder pedals. I am going to assume this is normal behavior and start flying :).

blackram

Postby blackram » Sat Dec 01, 2018 15:38

Yes, but the rudders came with newer firmware which didnt work with latest available tlink. BTW, you at least was able to buy pedals. Im waiting for months. This is crazy even considering its a small company.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 16:20

Maybe this will suit you?

blackram

Postby blackram » Sun Dec 02, 2018 15:11

Alli is expensive cause vat and customs...

blackram

Postby blackram » Sat Jan 12, 2019 0:37

Hi Ron, I got my new pedals and I like them already. I too cant get virtual brakes to work neither in testing or Il2 BOS. Mypedals came with 1.936 firmware and I couldnt get it to work with t-Link 0.70.0. Now I updated the blackbox/t-rudder to 1.95E but the brakes are not working. I set the brake button from joystick in T-link and the little T-link icon is green so it was running. Pressed the brake button and applied left and right rudder but brakes didnt work. Just rudder axes. I did default and recalibrated the pedals in VKBconfig after I flashed the new firmware.
Attachments
tlink.jpg
VKBconfig.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:26

Hey.
Everything works. One question is - what prevents to connect the pedals directly to the Gladiator and adjust the brakes there? You will not need to use the program T-Link.
For example, on the B1 button.

1.PNG
2.png

blackram

Postby blackram » Sun Jan 13, 2019 0:24

I did everything except the button for brakes.

coreyo

Postby coreyo » Fri May 03, 2019 22:48

I did manage to figure it out today. Apparently you don't need to use the Combine parameters at all. Here are the basic steps:

1. Identify the physical axis that you want to use as the input. In this case it's My T-Rudder pedals on AxID 7 (Rot Y)
2. Find two axes that are unused. In this case it's AxID 6 (Rot Z) and AxID 8 (Slider)
3. Set the AxID of the two unused axes to the same AxID as the physical input axis (in this case, AxID 7)
4. Make sure that the physical axis has the "Cn" (Axis With Center) box checked
5. Check the "R" (Physical Data Inversion) checkbox on one of the virtual axes

That's it. In the bottom "Physical Axes" section, I set the 'Input' value to "Virtual" for both of the virtual axes. I'm not sure if this is necessary at all.

Voila, that's all that's required. One of the virtual axes will be triggered when the physical axis moves to the left. The other will be triggered when the physical axis moves to the right. For me, this is ideal. I can bind the rudders and left/right wheel brakes to the same pedals axis without having to worry holding a button down. For the purposes of maneuvering on the ground, this suits me just fine.

Here's how my setup looks:
TRudder 2 Virtual Axes.png

And here are 2 images showing that each of the virtual axes are bound to the left and right pedals respectively
TRudder  2 Virtual Axes Left Pedal.png

TRudder  2 Virtual Axes Right Pedal.png

Return to “Technical Support”