Gunfighter Mk1 x-axis really bad spiking

Moderator: AdminGroup

neurowork

Gunfighter Mk1 x-axis really bad spiking

Postby neurowork » Sat Nov 03, 2018 14:38

Howdy,

I've been a happy Gunfighter customer sofar until I noticed a lack of precision when I was doing formation flying/refueling.
I started blaming my lack of training but quickly noticed that something was off.

Fired up JoyTester and yep, the X-Axis started acting out while the Y-Axis as perfecly smooth. Check out this capture.

Not sure what's going on or whether this is a known issue.

I tried to recalibrate but it didn't help.

I'm running Firmware v1.852 with the TM Warthog adapter and the extension if that matters.

Support would be greatly appreciated.

Drano

Re: Gunfighter Mk1 x-axis really bad spiking

Postby Drano » Sat Nov 03, 2018 18:16

From what is shown on your screenie I'd guess the problem is with a wire that's come loose from the harness that goes from the gimbal to the circuit board. If we were back in the olden days that screenie would indicate a bad or dirty pot. These sensors won't do that. It's something mechanical.

Take the bottom cover off the base and see if anything obvious is going on. Could be one of the harnesses is just loose. Try unplugging and plugging back in. DO NOT PULL BY THE WIRES! Put a little screwdriver in there and gently pry it off and put it back on. It's not hard. It'll pop off without too much force.

That said I think your problem is with just one of the wires likely has pulled loose from the connector. I think that because there is perfect response on the other axis while this one is messed up. Look carefully at the wires and see if any look loose. Try pushing it back onto the harness see if that doesn't fix it.

Worst case scenario you have a broken wire in the harness which would require some minor surgery to rewire. I'm not sure what your skill level is here. Or our friends at VKB could always just send you a new one!
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2