Red light on box is on.

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jim

Red light on box is on.

Postby Jim » Wed Oct 31, 2018 20:35

1 - Device model and version - Gunfighter w/extension model #VKBGF001 original grip.
2 - Controller Firmware version - v1.94.9
3 - Number and type of springs used 2-40's
4 - Тype of cams used - 30
5 - If VKB original software is used, please always mention its version - ????

HID-compliant game controller
Product Name: VKB-Sim Gunfighter Modern Combat PRO
PRO version
T-Link supported
Firmware version: v1.94B

Untitled.png

The buttons on the stick don't work. This started out of the blue. There's a red led light on on the circuit board, as well as the red light flashing on the box. I'm not sure if what I did with the utility has anything to do with the problem I have now, or it's a matter of coincidence, but the buttons ceased working after I changed a response curve in the utility. If so how do I rid my computer of all but the necessary file for this stick to work. .
Attachments
Untitled.png

Ron61

Re: Red light on box is on.

Postby Ron61 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 22:39

The red graph indicates that there is no connection between the handle and the base. Only.
It is necessary to reinstall the handle on the base, while carefully inspect and wipe the contact pads with alcohol.
Tip - take screenshots with the Alt key. This will increase readability.
The extreme software can be taken here.

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Nov 01, 2018 0:36

The alcohol didn't work. Light still flashing. And what's the difference between downloading the DEVCfg from the link you posted or from this page, http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/?

Jim

Postby Jim » Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:22

OK, all better now, don't know why, came and went shrouded in a cloak of mystery.

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu Nov 01, 2018 16:39

This had also happened to me but only once. I don't know how long you've had the stick but I had this same thing happen to me when I was setting up my stick initially about a year ago. Same issue--looks as if the grip is disconnected when clearly it is connected! It's brand new too! Turned out what needed to happen was to default the stick after flashing a firmware update--a step I didn't do. I went right to calibrating and had done it several times and still came up with a red light. My gunfighter had shipped with a KG12 firmware and simply plugging the MCG-Pro onto it didn't make that obvious to the base. You have to follow the process of flashing, defaulting(important! Do this every time you flash a FW update!) and calibrating for things to match up. Man I was pulling my hair out for hours trying to figure out what I'd done wrong. Must have calibrated 20 times, taken the stick apart a few times before somebody asked me - - did you default the stick? Uhh--no? Imagine how hard I kicked myself when I found it was that simple after all that aggravation!

The physical connection between the stick and base is hard to screw up! Unless you have a bent pin or are mixing a Rev A with a Rev B. It could also be one of the ribbon cables from the connector on the gimbal to the PCB too. I thought that was my problem but no! It was just me.

There's a software connection that has to be made too. Most of that resides in the base. As they're made to accept many grips currently made or will be made you have to match up the correct firmware so the base knows what its controlling. Give it the wrong one and you're gonna get red. The base literally can't "see" what's plugged into it as it's not identified properly in the firmware.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 02, 2018 18:30

Yes, you are probably right. I followed the instructions for installing/reinstalling the firmware found on one part of the VKB site (innumerable times) and then read through the instructions found at the other end of the link provided in this post. It seems to me the step of hitting the default button a second time is missing in the instructions found on the official site. Or I could be confusing this with another step, but the bottom line is, there's a step missing in one of the instructions I was following. And this missing information was key and, when found, resulted in an immediate resolution to the problem. So now it works and I'll leave well enough alone.
Too bad to because I can see the potential for the stick using the utility but I'm not pc savvy so I'll remain bliss in my ignorance. :mrgreen:

Jim

Postby Jim » Fri Nov 02, 2018 20:46

I'll post this as a reply to signify that the brain fog may have cleared and declare the missing step in the procedure to flash the firmware as described on the official site is the use of the reset button.

Return to “Technical Support”