Trouble with mg Gunfighter with TM WH grip

Moderator: AdminGroup

jonnyz

Trouble with mg Gunfighter with TM WH grip

Postby jonnyz » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:50

Hi, so I have been happily using my Gunfighter base with WH grip for a year or so now, but I noticed that despite recalibrations my x axis was drifting. I tried recalibrations (not windows, ofc :) ) and then tried a firmware update. To make a long story short, I have managed to bung it up. I am not sure if I have downloaded the wrong firmware (1.94B is currently on the device), or have simply gone about it wrong. I also tried using the WH config (BB_GF-TM(1_85_2)0_79_99.cfg). Anyways, it appears my axes are functioning but I don't see any indication that my buttons are registering.

It does appear that the drifting has gone away, but I kind of need the buttons to work.

I couldn't find a guide that did a step by step for how to do the setup, I can't remember if I had a paper copy when I got the adapter, or where to look for instructions.

Thanks for any help.

Ron61

Re: Trouble with mg Gunfighter with TM WH grip

Postby Ron61 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:51

Apparently, after the firmware, something went wrong. Screenshots of the Profile-Buttons (and logical) tabs, Axes are needed.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:27

jonnyz wrote:I couldn't find a guide that did a step by step for how to do the setup, I can't remember if I had a paper copy when I got the adapter, or where to look for instructions.

Thanks for any help.

Try to use this guide http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/controller_2_10_En.pdf
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

javarenas52

Postby javarenas52 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 23:50

So the engineers need to come up with a new .vkb firmware file that supports the Warthog on the Gun Fighter Pro Mk I with their newest Config software. I spent the last 2 days troubleshooting and so in order to use the TM WH or the KG12 with the Gun Fighter Mk 1, you need the old software, firmware and profiles. There literally is no other choice. So, here is a link to the proper files:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FNicyaGB1H6Gza6FA2MRB1sdGfooIk3l?usp=sharing

I don't know if you need the zconfig.ini files or if they get created automatically but there are there just in case (I think they get created automatically). I tired the new software and firmware but no luck at all.

Here are the instructions:

1. Run the VKBDevCfg-C.exe as administrator
    2. When you see your device on the top, click on it to "open" it
    3. So then go to the Action Tab that's on the top left and click on Bootloader
      a. This will open up the ZBootloader-C.exe file and close the VKBDevCfg-C.exe automatically.
      b. If it does not close the VKBDevCfg-C.exe and open the ZBootloader-C.exe, close VKBDevCfg-C.exe yourself BEFORE opening the ZBootloader-C.exe. They should not run at the smae time.
    4. Once the Bootloader is open, search for the file that's uner the v1_85_2 folder. its the only file that ends in .vkb
    5. Click Flash it!
    6. Ok so now, open up VKBDevCfg-C.exe and under the Action tab, all the way to the right you will see load with a blue arrow and save with a green arrow. Click load and select the TM WH profile named BB_GF-TM(1_85_2)0_79_99.
    7. Go to the the Tools tab to the right of the Action tab and calibrate your stick.
    8. All done! You can check your inputs in the VKBDevCfg-C.exe progran by clicking on Test, at the very bottom 3rd tab from the right. You will see there is a Buttons/POV section, Axis, External Device.
      a. Button/POV lets you check just that, you can hit each button and hat switch making sure it works and a green light turns on.
      b. Axis, as the name implies, it's to check your axis.
      c. External Devices let you see what is wrong with your BlackBox or the base. All it shows is either a red light or a green light. Red means there is an error with communicating to that piece of hardware but it doesn't say what the issue is.Green means you are good.
    Another way to check your buttons and axis is with the VKB_JoyTester.exe. I am not sure if you can have it and VKBDevCfg-C.exe running at the same time so make sure you only run one of them at time. VKB_JoyTester.exe lets you test all your axis and buttons on the same screen and shows you a nice graph for the axis. Over all, definitely my favorite.

Anyway let me know if you have any issues. I'll try to help the way I can. good luck!

(ps: mods/admins, please don't erase this post cause of the link. I have seen a lot of posts with issues with the thrust master warthog not working with the most recent software and firmware. This is the only solution that works for me.)

Return to “Technical Support”