MCG Pro Trigger A2B misfuntion after setting X/Y axis response curve

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ron61

Re: MCG Pro Trigger A2B misfuntion after setting X/Y axis response curve

Postby Ron61 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59

It's strange. At me all works in the same configuration. Show a screenshot of the tabs of the Button and A2B.

kolba

Postby kolba » Wed Sep 26, 2018 14:04

Something I've noticed a few days ago, which might relate to this.

The whole MCG Pro trigger becomes "unstable" with safe/armed being mixed up or fire1/2 buttons non-functioning after you re-run calibration. I did it a few times (using all axis or just x/y) until it just started working. I've noticed that "KD HI", "KD LO" and "Bias" values are jumping around all over with each calibration. To the point of "bias" ranging from 2000-something to -1800.

I skimmed through the joycon docs, trying to see whats expected to happen, but gave up due to.. things.

It is on one of the latest versions of beta firmware. Cant tell you exact one, since not at home now, but can dig it up if needed.

so tldr; if you running alpha versions of firmware and your "MCG PRO Trigger" suddenly not working - run calibration with all axis, taking note of your "KD HI", "KD LO" and "Bias" values and noting changes on those.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:43

kolba wrote:might relate to this

Yes indeed it might.
Please refer to "How to request tech support" topic (it is sticky on the top of Technical Support section) for guidelines on what we need to know and in what order.
We will dig into it as soon as we have full information.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

CARTOK

Postby CARTOK » Sat Sep 29, 2018 19:01

Working now: VKBDevCfg-C_v0.88.71 and _BlackBox_GF_MCG_PRO_v1_95_4.

Thank you!

CARTOK

Postby CARTOK » Sat Sep 29, 2018 19:04

kolba wrote:Something I've noticed a few days ago, which might relate to this.

The whole MCG Pro trigger becomes "unstable" with safe/armed being mixed up or fire1/2 buttons non-functioning after you re-run calibration. I did it a few times (using all axis or just x/y) until it just started working. I've noticed that "KD HI", "KD LO" and "Bias" values are jumping around all over with each calibration. To the point of "bias" ranging from 2000-something to -1800.

I skimmed through the joycon docs, trying to see whats expected to happen, but gave up due to.. things.

It is on one of the latest versions of beta firmware. Cant tell you exact one, since not at home now, but can dig it up if needed.

so tldr; if you running alpha versions of firmware and your "MCG PRO Trigger" suddenly not working - run calibration with all axis, taking note of your "KD HI", "KD LO" and "Bias" values and noting changes on those.

Latest firmware, and a couple of calibration re-runs. Also experiencing that the roll axis center randomly ends up being off by 5% or so, repeating the calibration identically until expected result achieved. As mentioned in the quoted post, trigger calibration seems erratic/random, just repeated the calibration until it worked as expected.

kolba

Postby kolba » Sat Sep 29, 2018 21:25

CARTOK wrote:... Also experiencing that the roll axis center randomly ends up being off by 5% or so, repeating the calibration identically until expected result achieved....

Here is another potentially useful story then (though for off-centers it can be all sorts of other issues).

If you are experiencing "random" off-centers on your X (and i guess Y too) axes and you are sure its not some pice of dirt inside or connector, electronic problem, weak springs or dry clatch is too tight - do the following test:

- calibrate that axes as usual and make sure its value is 32767 in the test window
- assuming its X, pull leftmost side and release it. make sure it oscillates to the center. naturally, expected value will be 32767
- repeat for the right side of the axes.

In my case, pulling one side would always center but pulling the opposite would always knock off a few hundreds of that "super center 32767". If its the same for you, play with values of "Dz Lo" and "Dz Hi" related to the troubling axes.

CARTOK

Postby CARTOK » Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:08

Couldn't fix the X axis random displacement through VKBDevCfg. I could fix it temporarily by re-calibrating or manually adjusting Bias. However, within 5 minutes it would drift off a couple of hundred points again (try flying the MIG29S with that... :lol: ).

Disassembled the base and re-connected all wires. Seems to be working now, I'll advise if the issue comes back.

Return to “Technical Support”