Moderator: AdminGroup

Ron61

Re: Gladiator Pro MKII & MCG Pro Ministicks

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 15:32

Screenshots will be more intelligible.

6.png
7.png
8.png

As you can see, we have an eighth axis free.
If we want to create another combination, we first need to set the values correctly in the "External" tab, then in "Logical Axes" and in the end, set the correct type of sensor in "Input" in "Physical Axes".

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 16:26

Hi Ron61. Thanks for these. I actually got it to work. :) I'll post what I did in a few minutes. I'm just documenting it for future reference.
Maybe you can show me how to fine tune it but it's working now as intended in the game.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 16:51

@Sideslip

I got it to work using my config file but used only your POV1 and POV2 settings. I finally figured out what's wrong. Somehow, I needed to do that button reassignment to Rel Axes - Reset for everything to be recognized in Elite Dangerous. The stick does everything that I need to do now. Thank you so much for your help.

@Ron61 & Sideslip

Here's a guide that wrote up. Maybe you can take a look and let me know if I missed anything. Basically, everything else is the default setting other than the Gate Cont and Master mode sticks. The other exception to the default is that I set a no function to the Up, Down, Left, Right of the"Reset" button on the stick but kept the push button and assigned it to logical layer button 32 (Elite Dangerous doesn't seem to recognize more than 32 buttons on this device).

Thank you again.
Attachments
MCG Pro Ministick Reassignment Guide - 1.jpg
MCG Pro Ministick Reassignment Guide - 2.jpg
MCG Pro Ministick Reassignment Guide - 3.jpg

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 16:52

Last one:
Attachments
MCG Pro Ministick Reassignment Guide - 4.jpg

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 17:13

Be attentive - with T-Rudder connected to Gladiator, they will use 7 axis. In the "Input" so for them D-Mars. If there are no pedals on the 7 axis, then you need to put "Virtual".

Sideslip

Postby Sideslip » Thu Jul 12, 2018 17:35

I'm glad you got it working. It was tough for me to wrap my brain around too, but it's quite satisfying when you finally get that thumbstick working. Those thumbsticks really are just about perfect for things like slewing a targeting pod, or making fine adjustments to thrusters in a space game.

About relative axes vs absolute. Absolute is the same way any joystick behaves, that is if you move it 50% of the way and hold it there it will register as 50% input until you change it. Relative is just that instead of the stick being directly linked to the axis, you instead are controlling how fast you CHANGE the value of the axis input depending on how far you move the stick. So with relative, if you hold the stick at 50% axis travel, your axis value will keep changing in that direction at half of the maximum set speed until it reaches the maximum value or return the stick to center. You can change how fast it moves on the Axes page by setting RMpl to a higher value... 2 will move the axis twice as fast as 1. TCurve is just whether you want the stick to behave linearly (50%=50% 75%=75%) or exponentially (50%=25% 75%=56%) which you could also do by leaving this linear and setting your own curve.

You want to use Relative in the case of having a trim axis for an airplane, so that you can make small adjustment to it and have it remain where you left it. You could also use a relative axis to use the thumbstick as the throttle in Elite where pushing the stick up increases your speed and pulling it back slows you down, but your throttle would remain constant when you let go.

Sideslip

Postby Sideslip » Thu Jul 12, 2018 17:40

Ron61 wrote:I thought that we are gentlemen - we are supposed to believe the word of a gentleman :) . Correcting. Do not be surprised at the glued screenshot - it is not possible to fully capture the settings screen of all axes in DCS. And do not forget the ninth axis on the flip-flop.

Oh I never doubted you don't worry 8)

You can however see all available axes for a specific controller by click on an axis and opening the drop-down menu.

Settings.jpg

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Thu Jul 12, 2018 18:02

Ron61 wrote:Be attentive - with T-Rudder connected to Gladiator, they will use 7 axis. In the "Input" so for them D-Mars. If there are no pedals on the 7 axis, then you need to put "Virtual".

I figured as much. It's OK. I'm running the T-Rudder separately on the BlackBox.

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:19

I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread. I stumbled upon this looking for an explanation of how to do more with the GATE CONT ministick. The configuration software was absolute Greek to me before reading through this thread and learning how to use it (a little).

I did something similar to the OP, however I kept the GATE CONT as POV 2, but assigned it to axis 7 and 8. It works fantastic as an additional two axes and I can still use the MASTER MODE as POV 1 and the relative axis for Elevator Trim and Steering Tiller in P3Dv4.

fromega001

Postby fromega001 » Mon Jan 03, 2022 22:37

And?
after 5000 responses
is there someone that can explain how to realy use the VBK Gladiator Pro mini stick with DCS WORLD?
And where can i find a prepared driver or joystick binding for this flight simulator?

Return to “Technical Support”