T-Rudder MkIV RJ45 Connector

Moderator: AdminGroup

YouBet

T-Rudder MkIV RJ45 Connector

Postby YouBet » Tue Jul 10, 2018 21:23

I plug my T-Rudder MkIV directly into my Gladiator MkII -- works great. Unfortunately, the plastic pin that holds the T-Rudder's RJ45 plug into the jack on the joystick has broken off. If I use tape to hold the plug in the jack it works fine, but this is not an ideal solution. Ideally, I'd like to replace the T-Rudder's plug.

It appears that the plug is loaded as a standard 568B. Before I cut the end off the cable to replace it, though, I wanted to test the wiring. First I put together a straight-through jumper with a plug at one end and a jack at the other (both sides to the standard 568B). The jumper tested properly, but I didn't get a reading when I tested the T-Rudders/Gladiator on the VKB JoyTester. Perhaps the T-Rudder cable + the jumper cable was too long? Could there be a different issue? Should I jump right in and cut the end off the broken plug?

Thanks.

AeroGator

Re: T-Rudder MkIV RJ45 Connector

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jul 13, 2018 15:50

We use standard 8-wire ethernet cable, the same that runs between computers and hubs.
So the replacement can probably be found for a dollar or so in the nearest computer repair shop.

Happy flights!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

chinitoh

Re: T-Rudder MkIV RJ45 Connector

Postby chinitoh » Fri Jul 13, 2018 17:38

This is great news!! I thought I had to cut up the existing one and crimp my own. I need a longer cable. :) Thank you!

Return to “Technical Support”