T-Rudder & Gladiator MKII Pro Configuration

Moderator: AdminGroup

chinitoh

T-Rudder & Gladiator MKII Pro Configuration

Postby chinitoh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 0:09

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for being a nub and I have tried looking for an answer to this that I'm sure is in here somewhere. I just don't know if it's the right one. I've had my Gladiator Pro MKII sitting on my desk for quite some time now without any use so nothing has been updated. Three days ago, I received my T-Rudders. A few folks have said that I can just simply plug in the CAT5 cable between the pedals and the stick and it should work. This is not the case however. It does work separately if I have the BlackBox connected to the rudder and the stick on another USB port. I was just hoping that I can save myself a USB port by using the CAT5 as intended. Someone on REDDIT /hotas mentioned that the pedals aren't PnP and that I need to update the firmware on the Gladiator Pro MKII to recognize the extra axis when connected via the CAT5. I can't seem to find any documentation on this or the software. I have Wizzo downloaded but I'm not sure what I should be doing in it. If I'm reading Wizzo right, it's v.0.88 (firmware v1.82.F). My Gladiator Pro MKII s/n is 4338f2416b f0d949e7eb f361f1ed48 dd64dfea68 and my T-Rudder s/n is 4bfe365476 ed5154e3eb c209624c66 70506ad5c6. Again, both peripherals have not seen any action so it has not been flashed. Also, my MCG Pro is scheduled to arrive in a day or two. If the flash from that resolves this, then I'll wait for it.

Thanks,
Jeoff

Victorus

Re: T-Rudder & Gladiator MKII Pro Configuration

Postby Victorus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 21:47

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/

You can connect pedals directly to Gladiator. T-rudder will occupy axis#7 (as I remember). Default configuration of joystick (all versions) allows this connection so you do not need to upgrade. Just try to connect and check results. You can use even Windows applet, but I recommend VKB tool VKBjoytester (see link at the top).
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Mon Jul 09, 2018 21:52

Here http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/ you can find VKB user manuals. The most common is Controller_XXXX.PDF. XXXX states version (of document). 2.10 is the latest.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:04

Will the MCG Pro flash/reset/calibrate guide take care of all of this. I have an MCG Pro inbound. Also, I did plug in the rudder to the gladiator base directly, 3x now. It doesn't work.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:06

Yeah, I think I read everything that had to do with the T-Rudder, including the T-Link which I don't need. It's not very clear on what I should be doing. As for the nJoy document...that's 121 pages of reading that's over my head. If anything, I'll probably just keep using the devices separately. They seem to work fine on their own on separate USB ports.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:46

Show screenshots from the configurator of the Profile-> Axes tab with the pedals connected. Perhaps there is a mistake. Screenshots do with the Alt button.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 13:58

As requested.
Attachments
VKB 3.png
VKB 2.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 14:55

I suggest using only the configurator for more fine-tuning, which is not in Wizzo.
And I asked for a screenshot of the Profile-> Axes tab, and not just Global.
Be careful, please.
Still advise to do, as here.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 15:43

Sorry, I'm not very familiar with your utilities. Is this it?
Attachments
vkb configurator.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 15:54

You need to put everything in accordance with my screenshot, then click the Set button (write to the controller).
After reloading, it is necessary to calibrate all declared axes. A screenshot is desirable after all operations.

vkb configurator1.png

It's nothing that you do not know our utilities well. I think, only for the time being. It is worth studying more deeply. I assure you will like it.The guide can be found here.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 16:37

OK. I think I'm getting the hang of this. I used the Auto calibrate on page 37 of that guide. Prior to that, I checked the two options based off your screenshot and I got responses from all axis within joy.cpl (I had to use it just to see if there's movement, I didn't calibrate in here). In the Configurator, I calibrated all axis which includes the x/y from the stick, the throttle, and the pedals and I have responses directly from the test tab/Axis1 tab (I didn't know there's a test tab earlier). So all axis are now responding. What screenshots can I give you? Do you want a device report?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 16:51

I advise you to follow the simple rule of matching the version of the configurator and firmware, this is reminiscent of the topmost line of the configurator, in brackets.
Firmware above this number (inclusive) can - below undesirable.The configurator does not need to drop below 1.91, we have the same 1.82F. You need to fix the inconsistency to eliminate unexpected bugs.
It is worth adding the line User = Developer in zconfig.ini, about this on page 111.
Screenshots of the same Axes tab, to compare the values before and after calibration.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 17:13

OK, we have the exact same version and firmware as seen on my previous screenshot compared with yours.

I don't know what you mean by this. Where do I fix the inconsistency?

Done. Image below.

I've attached a screenshot of the Axes1 tab. I don't have values of "before" as I've already calibrated per your instructions in previous reply.
Attachments
configurator axis now.png

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 18:54

The screenshots are not mine, but yours. That's why I ask you to align the firmware version and the configurator.
The line in zconfig.ini does not work for you, I see it by indirect evidence. Apparently, something with the location of the file itself.
Look at the old video, it shows how the files should be located for proper operation. The version of the configurator should not be paid attention, it is old.
Screenshot show tab Profile-> Axes after calibration, and compare with the old screenshot, before calibration.

chinitoh

Postby chinitoh » Tue Jul 10, 2018 19:52

I followed the video for its location. I originally had it in another drive. This time, I placed all those files except the cfg file (because I don't know where to get it) on the desktop. My zconfig.ini is still the same. It has the same path. I've already added the User=Developer.

Here's the screenshot after calibration. I've also updated the configurator to version v0.87.48.
Attachments
configurator 0.87.48.png

Return to “Technical Support”