Gladiator Pro MKII Factory default spring/cam # ?

Moderator: AdminGroup

DKFlight

Gladiator Pro MKII Factory default spring/cam # ?

Postby DKFlight » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10

While waiting for a new Gladiator Pro MKII, can someone tell me what cam and spring #'s come installed in the stick by default?

thank you...

philip.manhart

Re: Gladiator Pro MKII Factory default spring/cam # ?

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:45

Not sure about defaults, but in my spare bag I have 10, 20, 30, and 40 marked springs and two 30 marked cams.

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 19:51

I had just opened up the bottom while troubleshooting my MCG Pro Grip problem and can confirm that the cams that are installed are labeled 10.

DKFlight

Postby DKFlight » Sat Jul 07, 2018 20:14

Thanks for the replies. Cool, that means I won't have to change the cam when the new stick comes in. I only had the first stick for about 4 hours of testing and one pin was stuck so the new stick will hopefully come in about 2 weeks so I'm trying to get all my notes for what I'll need to do to customize it. Once I confirm everything works properly of course followed by taking it apart to change the springs. :)

I also have the regular MKII so I could compare the feel between the 2 different sticks.

From everything I read, to have a lighter feel for aerobatics and helicopter flying I'll need to change the spring to the #10 and depending on the cam I may need to wet sand the cam to make sure it's nice and smooth. Going for a buttery feel and hope that if I pull the stick to left or right and let go; it goes back to center without going past center like it does with the standard non pro MKII.

Not sure I can achieve this with the Gladiator Pro. I'm hoping I can...

Thanks for the info!

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sun Jul 08, 2018 16:49

Glad to help!

I actually ended up swapping out the default cams with the 30s after getting the MCG Pro grip attached. It's so much larger than the KG12 that the Gladiator Pro needed a stronger centering force. The factory installed springs combined with the 30 cams is working great for me for eggbeaters in Prepar3d, DCS and ARMA 3.

blackram

Postby blackram » Tue Jul 10, 2018 15:46

philip.manhart wrote:I had just opened up the bottom while troubleshooting my MCG Pro Grip problem and can confirm that the cams that are installed are labeled 10.

Something is wrong here.
ON VKB Sim site you can buy spare springs and you can choose which one you want to buy. Apparently #10 cams are very soft and are supposed to be used only in Gladiator non pro. #20-#50 are for Gunfighter and Gladiator pro.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=rep ... pring-sets

So who is right here?

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:25

I can tell you with absolute certainty that the cams I had in my Gladiator Pro Mk II from the factory were labeled 10. I have since swapped them out for the ones labeled 30 which give a perfect centering force for the MCG Pro grip for me.

Keep in mind that when I bought my Gladiator Pro Mk II it came with the KG12, which the 10 cam was perfect for. This may have changed with the new, taller grips.

DKFlight

Postby DKFlight » Sun Jul 15, 2018 23:01

blackram wrote:
philip.manhart wrote:I had just opened up the bottom while troubleshooting my MCG Pro Grip problem and can confirm that the cams that are installed are labeled 10.

Something is wrong here.
ON VKB Sim site you can buy spare springs and you can choose which one you want to buy. Apparently #10 cams are very soft and are supposed to be used only in Gladiator non pro. #20-#50 are for Gunfighter and Gladiator pro.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?product=rep ... pring-sets

So who is right here?

I think your confusing the descriptions for the springs and cams.

All the springs sizes are recommended for the pro versions, yet it appears the #10 spring is used as factory default for the "non pro version" and the #20 spring is the factory default for the pro versions. This is all spring tension, nothing to do with the cam.

From what I read here is once my stick comes in, all I have to do is test its to make sure it works, if it does, change the #20 springs to #10, and make sure the cams are #10 from the factory, if not, change those.

Goal is to have the least amount of detent and light spring spring so if I pull the stick to one side and let it go, it goes back to center or close to center and stops like the non pro. Not sure if this is possible but I'm hopeing it is.

Thanks for the input. 8)

Just trying to get my info lined up so I don't have to do any research once the replacement stick comes in...

DKFlight

Postby DKFlight » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02

I just wanted to stop back in and say thanks for the input. The new Gladiator MKII Pro came in last Wednesday and everything works perfect. I was up and running in 45 mins, that includes a quick test to make sure it was working. Then I changed out the springs to #10's, put it back together, and it still works :shock: :wink:

Incredibly smooth! very happy!

Thanks,
DKFlight

Return to “Technical Support”