Errors when installing new MCG Pro on Gladiator Pro Mk II

Moderator: AdminGroup

philip.manhart

Errors when installing new MCG Pro on Gladiator Pro Mk II

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:18

Hey VKB,

I'm having the heck of a time with my new MCG Pro Grip that I waited years for... and it's getting really frustrating.

I'm having multiple problems:

1. When installing the new MCG Pro, when plugging in the joystick, the red LED flashes and never stops.

2. When attempting to flash using the procedure outlined here: "https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-to-flash-reset-calibrate-your-gladiator-w-mcg-grip", I am receiving a constant "Error Write Data and Error Read Data" errors that continuously scroll and ZBootloader states "Device not ready".

ZBootloader Error.PNG

When I unplug and reinstall the KG12 grip, the red LED no longer flashes and the joystick works fine, however I cannot obtain a solid red LED while the MCG Pro grip is installed.

I know for certain I am using the latest VKBDevCfg-C and ZBootloader-C programs, but I cannot seem to get this to work at all and it's extremely frustrating.

I am looking forward to using my new MCG Pro grip with my Gladiator MK II but it seems I'm stuck with these problems, please help.

philip.manhart

Re: Errors when installing new MCG Pro on Gladiator Pro Mk II

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 16:30

Additional Info:

System OS: Win 10 with all updates

Product Name: VKBsim Gladiator
PRO version
Firmware version: v1.82F

Files used during attempted flashing:

mcg flash files in folder.PNG

This is the VKBDevCfg screen after plugging it in with the MCG Pro Grip attached (with flashing red light):

vkbdevcfg ss.PNG

This is what VKBDevCfg comes up with after going into the bootloader from it, it seems to no longer recognize it as a Gladiator and instead as just the nJoy32:

Error after attempting to load Zbootloader with MCG Pro attached..PNG

After this, both LEDs go blank on the base.

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 18:11

Here's some pictures of the MCG Pro Base and the Gladiator Pro MK II Base. I don't think there is any problem with the Gladiator since I can reattached the KG12 and it works fine and checks out OK with the joytester and button testers.

The MCG Pro does seem to have some markings on the connection points on two of the three sections, but it doesn't look like damage that would cause a problem.

Gladiator Pro Mk II Base.jpg

MCG Pro base.jpg

MCG Pro base 2.jpg

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Sat Jul 07, 2018 21:26

Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

philip.manhart

Postby philip.manhart » Sat Jul 07, 2018 23:46

Thanks for the reply Victorus! However, I ended up figuring it out!

So, in complete despair and frustration, I took my Gladiator and MCG Pro to another computer to try out the firmware update and lo and behold it worked great following the guide.

I've now replaced the cams in the Gladiator with the 30's as the 10's that it comes with just aren't strong enough to keep the big beautiful MCG Pro centered how I like it.

I've now successfully done some circuits in the Just Flight 152 in Prepar3d v4 at my local airport and am loving it.

Here's some of my lessons learned:

1. The blinking red LED seemed to be normal, though it's not indicated in the guide.

2. When in doubt, try another computer.

3. Don't ever use a program like Driver Booster.

4. My computer needs a fresh install of Windows.

Thanks for another awesome product VKB, and thanks for the support reply on a Saturday.

Roma

Postby Roma » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:31

Wow I was also getting errors trying to flash new firmware and trying on another computer worked. I don't know why but it did. Thanks

Return to “Technical Support”