Loose In Y Axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

AeroGator

Re: Loose In Y Axis

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jul 03, 2018 13:53

Geezer wrote:The calibration is fine

With all respect, I need the Qs answered in teh way they are put.
Did you calibrate the device using VKB calibration tools? Y/N
If Y, please in a few words describe how you did it.
Did you loosen the tighter damper on Y?
please show me the picture like the one I am attached to this post, AND 4 pictures showing the curves.

The sooner I get _all_ I was asking for, the sooner I will deal with your case.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

dburne

Postby dburne » Tue Jul 17, 2018 14:40

My Y axis is loose around center as well. X axis is perfect for me.
I have a Mk 1 Gunfighter Pro and new MCG Pro grip. I have been tweaking and using it for a little over a week now.

I have added springs, tested with different spring strengths, swapped the #10 cams with each other, adjusted dry clutches.
No matter, I always end up with this loose area in the Y axis. So for the stick to center properly in the Y axis, I have to loosen the clutch to where there is no damper on the Y axis. I can run a little damper on the X axis and it still return to center, but not on Y.

Now I am not necessarily saying this is a flaw or anything like that, in fact some probably prefer that loose center feel over a more defined center feel. For me I would like a little more definition there ( #30 cam would be too much for me), but I am getting used to it being as is.
In my opinion I think at least part of what contributes to this difference in the Y axis it the offset and weight of the extension tube. With the offset it puts some of the weight behind the center of the gimbal itself, thus having a bit of a natural pull on the Y axis. One can dial that out a little with the dry clutch, but then results in a center of Y axis where stick moves and stays, thereby not having an exact return to center.

Anyway just my thoughts and theories after several days of trying to work to get the pitch axis center feel more like the roll axis center feel.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:58

dburne wrote:My Y axis is loose around center as well

If you feel it as a flaw, a flaw it is; just go ahead and do all the tests that I repeatedly and with quite limited success asked the topic starter to do, and post the pictures here.
We will look into it - however from today till late August we are all on vacations, so the reply may not be immediate.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

dburne

Postby dburne » Thu Jul 26, 2018 15:21

No worries, I am not that concerned with it and getting pretty used to it so not noticing that much whilst flying. Just a bit of my OCD self I guess.

Here is a short vid of moving the y axis with a very small amount of clutch applied. With no clutch it does return to center no problem, but that amount of space that is shown is a " no feel" space, ie no resistance felt at all.
https://i.imgur.com/KL2wCEC.mp4

X axis I have some dry clutch and it returns to center every time, and I feel a little resistance when moving any amount from center.
I swapped the x and y axis cams to rule that out. I put a new pair of springs on to be sure it was not my springs. The only difference I see in the x and y axis, is on the y the grip has rearward offset thereby putting a little weight behind center of gimbal.

Again just an observation, and not a real issue on my end. Very much enjoying the Gunfighter with the new MCG Pro grip! I probably have around 14-15 hours of flight time with it now, and am very impressed!

Thanks for the reply , but all is well for me!

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:19

dburne wrote:all is well for me!

As long as it is, I am happy - but don't hesitate to write if anything gets wrong!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

dburne

Postby dburne » Fri Jul 27, 2018 15:11

AeroGator wrote:
dburne wrote:all is well for me!

As long as it is, I am happy - but don't hesitate to write if anything gets wrong!

Will do thanks much!

Return to “Technical Support”