Gunfighter Mk. II - Y axis bearing grinding against PCB

Moderator: AdminGroup

gerodinis

Gunfighter Mk. II - Y axis bearing grinding against PCB

Postby gerodinis » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:15

Hello. Received my Gunfighter Mk. II along with MCG Pro today and while following the guides to adjust stiffness, I noticed that the Y axis was too stiff no matter the adjustment. Which was strange, considering the X axis was perfect.

Then I looked closer and I think I 've found the cause.

IMG_20180602_015617.jpg

It can be seen that the Y axis PCB is being pressed against its respective bearing. It's actually grinding against the PCB and digging a scratch onto it every time the gimbal is moved on the Y axis.

The X axis seems fine, as there are washer springs installed on its screws, so the PCB keeps its distance from the bearing.

Question: may I add the washers myself by unscrewing the PCB? Or will this cause a misalignment of the sensor? Will doing so void my warranty?

I'm asking because it seems like a simple task but I want to be sure before I try anything.

Eduard VKB FSC

Re: Gunfighter Mk. II - Y axis bearing grinding against PCB

Postby Eduard VKB FSC » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:47

Hello gerodinis,

Thank you for reporting the missing washer and opening a ticket. I am sure we will solve the issue. I would propose to proceed with further discussion using our support ticket system.

Best regards,
Eduard
VKB store in Europe - http://flightsimcontrols.com

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Sun Jun 03, 2018 14:08

Sorry just noticed your message. Somehow I was looking straight at it but not seeing it all this time.
I believe Ed will deal with this case. Just wanted to say, ooops, sorry :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

gerodinis

Postby gerodinis » Sun Jun 03, 2018 21:45

After consulting VKB support, I put on a couple M3 washers myself and everything is fine. Flying like a charm.
Quite a strange omission on part of the manufacturing, though. But anyway, the topic can be closed. Thanks for your support.

Return to “Technical Support”