T-Rudder Pedals Virtual Brake

Moderator: AdminGroup

redvapor

T-Rudder Pedals Virtual Brake

Postby redvapor » Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08

Kind of exhausted at this point. Posting here as a last ditch effort. I have not found a way to map the hotkey to enable virtual axis for braking and the like. You can't log tech support tickets for products unless you bought them through this site, which I suppose means you don't get support unless you buy them direct? That's a separate issue.

Right now I am just wondering how to set up virtual axis for toe brakes using T-Link. I map the button and test it using both joy.cpl and the testing tool provided but am unable to get the other axis to move. I have updated to the latest firmware and am using the latest versions of the tools. I have tried the default loadout and tried to make my own but don't believe the profiles I am using (including the default) are correct.

The quick start guide is for people using a VKB stick, which I am not so the quick start guide and profile provided . T-link however does recognize the button I am mapping. Is there a bug in T-link or any of the other configuration software currently? Is there a specific profile I should be using to simply map a hotkey that will allow differential brakes?

Note, I pulled all software from here: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/

Thanks.

Ron61

Re: T-Rudder Pedals Virtual Brake

Postby Ron61 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 16:44

Preliminary it is necessary to make simple manipulations, as described here. This will help solve the problem quickly.

redvapor

Postby redvapor » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:58

What do you mean by manipulations? That looks like a request for some info about the product. I can do that but what am I needing to manipulate?

Currently I have the Mk IV T-Rudder pedals. It has the stock spring, the default config with the latest firmware and software from the VKB website (See URL in original post.)

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 20:23

This "manipulations" is (Russian to English) translator "shenanigans". :)

Means post - in this topic (I guess) the information asked in the fixed topic.
Important is the screenshots of tabs of DevCfg - Global Common, Profile Common-n-axes.

Alt+PrintScreen take a snapshot only of foreground active windows, e.g. of DevCfg.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 14:36

I will describe the procedure for setting separate brakes for pedals with one, single axis (T-Rudder) on Gladiator (and Pro too). More details in the screenshots. You just need to repeat it carefully.

First of all, you need to select a button that will activate the brakes, a sort of analog of the lever on the handle. For example, B1 on the base.

1.PNG

When it is pressed and held, both brakes are activated by 100%. When the yaw axis is moved to the left or right, the corresponding wheel will be released and then the aircraft rotates. The degree of clamping is regulated by briefly releasing the assigned button and setting the speed "Multiplier". If the wrong wheel is working, you need to change the signs.

2.png

It is necessary to correctly configure the brake axes in the game itself. For example, in DCS you need to configure the axis, activate the check-boxes "Inversion" and "Slider".

toby23

Postby toby23 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:23

Hi Sokol, Hi Ron61,

I do not understand how to get the virtual brake axis working in DCS.
I have a Ravcore Javelin and VKB rudder pedals.

I do not know how to assign a button in VKB Device Config for Brakes and I cannot get the RX,RY axes to register as left/right toe brake in DCS.

Screenshots of the two tabs you mentioned are below.
I would really appreciate your help getting differential brakes working (for DCS P-51).

Thank you,
Toby

global.PNG

profile.PNG

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:26

Toby

Your case is slight different, since your joystick (Javelin) is not VKB brand need use the software T-Link:

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Programms/T-Link_v0_69_5.zip

Open T-Link program, set a button of Javelin for "brakes", e.g. trigger in Mode 1 or 2 (don't know if Javelin allow modes).

More detailed explained in T-Link manual:

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Documentations/T_Link_En.pdf

This button will move (0 to 100%) 2 new virtual axes equally, if move rudder bar for an side, only one axes is moved.

After set keep T-Link running (minimized), go to DCS and in plane controls set the 2 virtual axes (you can see this in Games Controllers - joy.cpl) for right and left wheel brake for planes that use "toe brakes", e.g. P-51, F-5, A-10...

In flight press the assigned button (in T-Link): both wheels braked, move the rudder bar, only wheel of correspondent side is braked.

Planes that natively use "differential brakes", e.g. Spitfire, Mig-21, LZ-39... don't need use T-Link, just set a button for "wheel brakes" direct in DCS controls.

In short: T-Link emulate "differential brakes" for planes that natively use "toe brakes". :mrgreen:
Last edited by Sokol1 on Wed Jul 18, 2018 18:57, edited 2 times in total.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:35

Unfortunately, Ravcore Javelin does not have the opportunity to work with T-Rudder.
Use the products of the same name. It is impossible to embrace everything :( .

Monkee

Postby Monkee » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:15

Thanks to Delta on Discord, here is how to make this work with a SCG on a GF3:
The important point is to choose an axis that is free, not necessarily the 4th like on the example because it's already used in this case. This then has to be repercuted on the logical and physical axes chosen.

Thanks again Delta! :wink:

trisho0

Postby trisho0 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:15

Help with XP11 and XP12. How to set up separate brakes on the left and right pedals from VKB-Sim T-Rudder MkIV if it is plugged directly to the VKB Gladiator MKII?
Pat

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:14

Let's keep this on Discord @trisho0

trisho0

Postby trisho0 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:35

OK, thanks
Pat

trisho0

Postby trisho0 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 19:42

Hello to all, can someone to make a video showing step by step on how to set up separate brakes on the left and right pedals from VKB-Sim T-Rudder MkIV plugged directly to the VKB Gladiator Pro MKII without Blackbox?
Pat

Return to “Technical Support”