[Solved] Jitter on X Axis

Moderator: AdminGroup

Goblox

[Solved] Jitter on X Axis

Postby Goblox » Fri May 18, 2018 2:23

I noticed a ton of jitter in my X Axis the other day after hooking up my Gunfighter to play DCS. After loading in, the pilot have the joystick turned fully to the right and would then center the stick if I moved it halfway between center and the far left. I found that to be odd, so went into VKB_JoyTester.exe to monitor and noticed my X Axis looking like the stock market. To recalibrate, I used the VKBDevCfg-C.exe program I have installed. When I loaded back into the Joy Tester, the X Axis was smooth, but towards the top of the screen, in the halfway point between center and the far left.

Here is a video I made demonstrating the issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drdzf2bstls. Sorry for the massive cursor, my main monitor is in 4k... You can see when I smoothly and gently move the Y Axis (red) that it makes a nice curve. However, when the X Axis (black) starts moving to the right it nose dives then comes back... almost like there's a dead spot.

I disassembled my joystick and everything looks fine. No wires are frayed and the circuitry looks intact. The cables and black box appear to be fine as well considering that it reads all of the other axis without issues.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

Specs:
Gunfighter Gen 1 (preordered base without grip - so it has the front two screws backed out a full turn) #30 cams, double springs
TMW Adapter + TMW Grip
VKB GF Pro extension
Win 10

Goblox

Re: [Solved] Jitter on X Axis

Postby Goblox » Fri May 18, 2018 2:59

So, this was resolved by taking everything apart, disconnecting and reconnecting the connectors, reassembling, and recalibrating. I'm not sure exactly what was going on, but that is what solved my issue.

Now, my X Axis is buttery smooth also: https://puu.sh/AoauR/45ee233dc7.png

Return to “Technical Support”