My VKB Gladiator Pro does not work with IL2 Sturmovik

Moderator: AdminGroup

WheelwrightPL

My VKB Gladiator Pro does not work with IL2 Sturmovik

Postby WheelwrightPL » Thu May 17, 2018 15:51

I have recently bought VKB Gladiator Pro joystick with VKB Rudders.
First I have created a custom cfg file with more than 64 button presses. Then I configured SV Mapper to map all joystick buttons above 64 to keyboard keys.
SV Mapper appears to be working (it lights up correct keyboard key on pressing its corresponding joystick button).
However, those SV Mapped keys are not registering in IL2 game (but they work if pressed on the keyboard directly).
I bought this joystick & rudders to only play IL2 so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

drunken_sailor

Re: My VKB Gladiator Pro does not work with IL2 Sturmovik

Postby drunken_sailor » Fri May 18, 2018 2:21

they are not registering in menu when u try to assign them or in the game, and u got them all in game menu?

didn't think how much buttons il2 can use, now I'm wondering if my whole work on settings up keys in njoy was for nothing ( still didn't past 78 site of manual for it and still little lost in all that function of njoy and mcg )

WheelwrightPL

Postby WheelwrightPL » Fri May 18, 2018 3:21

I only use letters in IL2Sturmovik keys menu so for example for open-canopy I use letter C and that's it, no other bindings for this function or letter.
Then I map C to button 89 (for example) in VS Mapper which I know works because when I press 89 on my joystick the keyboard produces C in Notepad (or whatever).
However this is not working with IL2 at all. What could be wrong ? It is driving me crazy.

Victorus

Postby Victorus » Fri May 18, 2018 9:22

WheelwrightPL wrote:I only use letters in IL2Sturmovik keys menu so for example for open-canopy I use letter C and that's it, no other bindings for this function or letter.
Then I map C to button 89 (for example) in VS Mapper which I know works because when I press 89 on my joystick the keyboard produces C in Notepad (or whatever).
However this is not working with IL2 at all. What could be wrong ? It is driving me crazy.

Why SVMapper? Forget about it using VKB Devices)))
VKBDevCfg maps joystick buttons to keystrokes efficiently!!! I use Il-2 with keystrokes and all my VKB joysticks work fine. Also in Battle of Britain and DCS World!
Updated 04.03.2018
User guide 2.10 En
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ojzm-lJM4BlPHnGRqSdAdqRsSr2yOsIo
Documentation update. 2.10 En
What`s new
- Smooth trimmer reset (see Trimmer Reset, Trimmer Return on p. 68).
- Using clipboard for physical lines setting (see Line (input control) choice on p. 43).
- Two virtual buttons switch on diagonal HAT pressing (see 6.3.2 on p. 93).
- CMP function, Comparator in Boolean functions (see CMP on p. 75).
- JMP function, Jumper in Boolean functions (see JMP on p. 76).
- Using Drag-n-Drop for profile loading (see 9.4.2 on p. 102).[/url]
Look here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=2112
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

drunken_sailor

Postby drunken_sailor » Fri May 18, 2018 17:04

is it better to use shift function to double amount of keys or its better to use shift keyboard button instead? specially when i got one hat and 2 buttons on my throttle that i want to use with shift like i was doing it with original stick, and i think shift modifier from mcg doesn't register in system so cant double throttle buttons

WheelwrightPL

Postby WheelwrightPL » Fri May 18, 2018 17:21

The problem appears to be solved after I checked CONTINUOUS = yes in SVmapper grid

Sokol1

Postby Sokol1 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:40

drunken_sailor wrote:is it better to use shift function to double amount of keys or its better to use shift keyboard button instead? specially when i got one hat and 2 buttons on my throttle that i want to use with shift like i was doing it with original stick, and i think shift modifier from mcg doesn't register in system so cant double throttle buttons

In your case make the 'pinky' button press "shift" or LShift or "Right Shift" ...should work with your (3rd part) throttle.

In game controls setup press the pink and the button in throttle, will get "Shift+Joy#button3" - this will depend if game allow use "Shift+Joy#button#" - DCS World allow as well IL-2 Battle of ... series.

If you set in DevCfg the 'pinky' button to be "shift" for other buttons, my guess is that will work only for MCG, not for 3rd part throttle.

@ VictorUS,

I see OP issue in IL-2 BoS forum, for what I get he are using mode and pink shift so have more than 64 buttons - those "virtual" buttons.

IL-2 BoS see up do 64 buttons (or from 0 to 63), so he need SVMapper for send keys.

So, how he set in DevCfg for virtual buttons above 64 send key press.

BTW - Set a given button in DevCfG for press a key for a game, e.g. IL-2:BoS may result inconvenient for another, e.g. DCS World, Elite Dangerous.
TL/DR - Select different profiles in SVMapper just require one click.

drunken_sailor

Postby drunken_sailor » Sat May 19, 2018 23:30

thx Sokol1
is my thinking correct that i can assign rshift keyboard and vkb shift function? that would by quicker, i wouldn't have to remap keys in il2, and yes i know that il2 works good with binded shift because i was using it. now need to check how to assign vkb shift and keyboard shift, still have some work to do, i'm only on page 80 in manual, and skipped some pages that didn't needed, but will check them again, because would like to setup sensitivity with in game zoom keys and that trimming functionality

Return to “Technical Support”