gladiator mk2 (non pro) hat switch

Moderator: AdminGroup

flippz

gladiator mk2 (non pro) hat switch

Postby flippz » Thu Apr 26, 2018 15:13

looking to find just a hat switch for my mk2 gladiator non pro. it has got loose and some fields are hard to activate ie look forward and left button. I have the upgrade adapter pre ordered and waiting on the mgc grips to become available and do not want to purchase a whole new stick as the rest works just fine. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

AeroGator

Re: gladiator mk2 (non pro) hat switch

Postby AeroGator » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:56

flippz wrote:looking to find just a hat switch for my mk2 gladiator non pro. it has got loose and some fields are hard to activate ie look forward and left button. I have the upgrade adapter pre ordered and waiting on the mgc grips to become available and do not want to purchase a whole new stick as the rest works just fine. any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

We probably can help you with fixing the hat, however one thing has to be clarified first.
This is because I realized many people think that the adapter we have made is something like a universal connector that would allow for quick switching between the Gladiator stock grip and the MCG(-pro). Which it is not.
1 - The adapter is made to enable using MCG(-pro) grip on Gladiator base, not to enable switching between the grips. However, once the adapter is installed, users will have to stick to MCG(-pro) grips, as the stock Gladiator grip cannot be mounted on the adapter. To use the stock grip users will have to remove the adapter.
2 - Twist mechanism is part of the Gladiator stock grip, not of the Gladiator base itself. 3 - MCG(-pro) are not equipped with twist mechanism, which is going to be an optional accessory, not an in-build one. 4 - Hence, you were right, I was wrong. Getting an adapter and mounting an MCG(-pro) on it indeed will leave you without the twist function. To keep the twist function there must be a twist mechanism fitted to the grip.

Later today or maybe tomorrow I will PM you about the hat.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

flippz

Re: gladiator mk2 (non pro) hat switch

Postby flippz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 18:55

Thanks for the reply. I’m a huge vkb fan and is scratching and clawing to hold on to what I got at the shop. The wife will not allow rudder pedals at the office (she says they look stupid lol). If I can get a hat switch I will be good till I can get the mgc adapter and the twist adapter. I ave the gunfighter at the house and am about to order the vkb pedals.

Return to “Technical Support”