Can the Devs create some basic beginner Tutorial video?

Moderator: AdminGroup

LukeFF

Re: Can the Devs create some basic beginner Tutorial video?

Postby LukeFF » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:19

Drano wrote:Ok I stumbled thru this problem where my intended macro was cut off like that. Turned out I'd misunderstood how they were constructed, separated and numbered. Let's say you want a macro to type DCS WORLD! Just like that. Just once with no repeats. On the macro tab start at row 1, column 1. Row 1is four characters so it'd be DCS and a space. Check the box to the right of row 1. That continues it to row 2. Now row 2 will be WORL. Again check the box to continue to row 3. In row 3 put D! Leave the last two spaces in row 3 blank. Do NOT check the box. This is separates this macro from the next one. You just made macro 1. Click set on the macro tab. This sends the macro info to the stick. Assign a button as macro 1. Click set on the action tab. It should work.

Here's the trick tho. The next macro you make will be macro 4. Why not 2? It's the next one? Because it starts on row 4. Whatever row the macro starts in is it's number.

I made the same mistake learning it.

So, I'm having some trouble with this, with my MCG grip. I've created a macro just as you described, but when I go to test it, the macro doesn't work. Am I missing something here? I am clicking the Set button in the Device section, going to the profile tab, assigning the macro to a button, and then clicking on the Set button up above it. Then I open up Notepad to test it and...nothing.

Untitled.jpg

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:53

Could you post a screenshot with your buttons' logical layer to see how the macro's set up?

Alex Oz

Postby Alex Oz » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:23

Switch On Keyboard (Classic)

Global-Common
Крайние прошивки и софт / Latest firmware & software
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=908
http://alex-oz.strana.de

LukeFF

Postby LukeFF » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:36

Thank you! That was the problem.

tcbarber

Postby tcbarber » Sat Jul 03, 2021 16:20

hello their,
the software needs to be in simple terms or we ll sit here trying untill next christmas too figure it out, their are soo many parts of the soft ware that go together(it seems like)that you need a simple manual in non engineering terms, god it would be soo easy too setup and enjoy "FLYING" I HAVE ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THE FLYING PART BEING SOO ENGROSSED IN TRYING TOO FIGURE IT OUT..IT FEELS LIKE WHAT A FABULOUS FLIGHT STICK(BETTER THAN ANYTHING SEEN SOO FAR)BUT THE SOFTWARE IS FAR TOO COMPLICATED FOR MOST GRUNTS (PARDON ME FOR THE GRUNTS BIT)I MEAN "SIMPLE " REALLY,LIKE ME ,TOO UNDERSTAND,MY BRAINS TELLING ME THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH THAT INFORMATION(MANUAL)BECAUSE BY THE TIME YOU HVE SAT THERE THREE TO FOUR HOURS READING IT YOUR BRAIN , GOES WHERES THE KETTLE ILL BE BACK NEXT WEEK....ONE ISSUE IS SETTING UP THE CURVES I KNOW HOW TOO DO IT BUT THE RESPONSE IS "0"NOTHING ,I KEEP THINKING IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG( HENCE A SIMPLE MANUAL) BUT I CHECK AND CHECK AND CHECK(VIDEOS) NO THATS RIGHT AND STILL NOTHING.I WOULD REALLY LOVE TOO KNOW SOO I CAN USE MY NEW FLIGHT(MY GREAT FLGIHT STICK) TOO TRUNDLE AROUND THE SKIES(THE MANUAL SEEMS TOO BE A TRAIL FOR MANEY...ITS NOT MY WISH TOO MOAN BUT TOO FLY"WOW". .THANK YOU FOR LISTENING

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Jul 03, 2021 18:26

Aw man, you shook my brain with that wall of text :))))) If the manual haven't clarified the curves issue for you, then maybe this curves video tutorial will do. There are also other video tutorials on our YouTube channel, with more to come.
See how following the tutorial works for you and if you still have problems with it (or any other issues really) come back and ask about it.

tcbarber

Postby tcbarber » Sun Jul 04, 2021 19:36

hello their,
APOLOGIES FOR THE WALL BUT its just what you do in the software HOW DOES IT APPLY TOO THE SENSITIVITY ECT IN THE PLANE ,HERES AN EXAMPLE IF YOU MOVE THE LOWEST START CURVE IN THE CORNER OF THE CURVES WHAT DOES IT "REPRESENT" "MORE" SENITIVITY OR LESS ,OR A WIDER CURVE OR A THINNER ONE ,WHAT DOES IT REPRESENT MORE OR LESS???????I LOOKED AT THE CURVES YOU TUBE VIDEO ITS JUST THAT IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DOING.ONCE I HAVE WHAT THEY DOO ILL BE OFF N ILL GO FROM THEIR ,TA FOR LISTENING,PUT THE KETTLE ON.LOL...I SUPPOSE I MEAN A CLEARER DEFINITION OF WAHT THEY DO.... :D

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 0:25

Simply put, the curves are changing the default axis' behavior. It is hard to get a graphic representation of a modified curve on a tester to see how it would affect your plane/flight; the best is to check it in your favorite game and adjust it until you're pleased with the result.
I made some quick examples for you to understand how to program a curve: an unmodified curve looks like in pic.1, at a 45deg angle. A curve which is softer/damped on its first half of range is represented in pic 2. The curve is so soft that it's extending the deadzone (first arrow); it gradually increases sensitivity until it reaches the second arrow - from there to the end of range it is very steep. The picture 3 is the opposite, where the curve is more aggressive on its first half and decreases by the end of range. This is just an example, a curve like the one in 3rd picture wouldn't make sense in any game. The most used would be a iteration of the second curve.
When 'reading' a curve is important to know that if the curve is below the physical axis line then the response from the joystick would be reduced and if the curve is above the physical axis line the response would be amplified.
Attachments
4.JPG

jebbmail

Postby jebbmail » Fri Jan 13, 2023 0:09

I tried adjusting the curves on my THQ so that all the throttles would be at the same position through the throttle output. So they would generate the same values in the same position. They currently dont, even after calibration. ie the three throttles give 26111, 32767 , 30527 when they are all at the same position. I adjusted the middle throttle curve but I dont see any change in outputs.

Return to “Technical Support”