MCG left slider hat change to POV hat

Moderator: AdminGroup

louviljlj

MCG left slider hat change to POV hat

Postby louviljlj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 20:01

Just got my Gunfighter stick w/MCG. I fly currently with the Gladiator Pro K12 and like the POV hat placement on it. The default setup for my Gunfighter has the POV hat up top and the Slider hat to the left. I need the left slider hat to be a POV hat so that it is like the placement of the Gladiator Pro K12. Can this be done by programming or button swap?

louviljlj

Re: MCG left slider hat change to POV hat

Postby louviljlj » Mon Mar 19, 2018 22:57

Got it work solution was in an earlier post about POV Hat 2

louviljlj

Re: MCG left slider hat change to POV hat

Postby louviljlj » Tue Mar 20, 2018 20:03

Now that I am using the POV 2 hat as my main view toggle, I am having some issues. I fly with only wanting 4 ways views, 'up' 'back' 'left' 'right'. I set the POV hat as a 4 way but because it doesn't click into position its was quirky and worked poorly because it was not giving me the view I wanted all the time. I set it to 8 way and set the top 3 views as 'look up' and the bottom 3 views as "look back'. I then set the left as 'look left' and right to 'look right', this seemed to work better than the 4 way. When I am in combat and trying to view quicky it gets glitchy again and i don't always get the view I want because the toggle doesn't click into position like my K12 did. Is there a benefit to moving the POV1 hat to POV2 position (are they both the same button types with just different hats ?) or is it possilble to get a clickable button to replace the POV2 ? I was gonna look inside the handle but following the MCG dismantling guide I could not gently pull off the first 2 way button that has to be removed to start, I was worried i'd break it.
Any advice is appreciated.

Return to “Technical Support”