Gunfighter question

Moderator: AdminGroup

Jim

Gunfighter question

Postby Jim » Sat Mar 17, 2018 21:46

I'm on a second set of springs and noticed something after I reassembled the stick. In the left/right axis the stick doesn't seem to move as far to the right as it does to the left. The amount of travel to the left seems to be 1/2 that of the travel to the right.
Did I replace a part backwards? Are the cams ambidextrous or should they be labeled according to axis?

AeroGator

Re: Gunfighter question

Postby AeroGator » Sun Mar 18, 2018 14:30

Here http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762 are the basic guidelines on how to create a support request that will like ly bring a speedy and competent reply.
Please follow these guidelines next time. Ignoring them might result in slow, or very slow, or really very slow response.
For now, pls take off the bottom cover and take a good picture of the inside.
Then please post the picture IN this thread (upload it unarchived to the forum, NOT to google drive or whatever file depository).
Good picture is:
reasonably sized (in most cases 1000 pixels by the longer side is already plenty enough)
sharp
evenly lit with no deep shadows and no washed out white overexposed spots
unobstructed

In a word, I believe I know what the problem is, but I need to make it sure. The sooner I see the pic, the faster I reply.
We're in South China time zone (GMT+8) :)
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Jim

Postby Jim » Sun Mar 18, 2018 22:37

Fixed it on my own. No need to jump through the many hoops for such a simple solution.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:13

Jim wrote:Fixed it on my own. No need to jump through the many hoops for such a simple solution.

One of the reasons for these many hoops is that the others might read your post, see the pictures, and learn something for themselves.
Because it is a public forum, not a private talk between you and me.

Anyway, great that you were able to make it.
Mind to share what the problem was? And how you went around it?
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Jim

Postby Jim » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:47

It was probably the issue you had suspected. I re-installed one of the Allen headed bolts that fastens the cam, backwards. This caused the nut end of the bolt to hit the inside of the casing on the left side thereby limiting it's travel. In essence, when replacing/changing the cams the Allen headed bolts must be returned to the same positional configuration relative to the gimbal.
I had turned one of the bolts around in order to get a better grip on the nut while rethreading it onto the bolt. That was the mistake.
I hope that makes sense.

Return to “Technical Support”