MCG Pro Roll Axis Jumping

Moderator: AdminGroup

Victorus

Re: MCG Pro Roll Axis Jumping

Postby Victorus » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:39

Seems to be identically to my settings(((
Try to exchange wiring of X and Y sensors. What axis will spike. If any.
Руководство пользователя по контроллерам VKB (VKB controllers User Guide) Ru&En
https://disk.yandex.ru/d/LlqiYtIrIetBOQ

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:40

YAGA wrote:Any other basic information I've missed?

Sure.
To begin with, you only showed one axis graphics. Yes we can see those vicious spikes. What we don't see is whether there are similar spikes on another axis/axes. You might say that you don't feel any irregularity, hence you decided it'd be unnecessary to show the graphics. However it is wrong, and there can be a lot of information that humans cannot sense but that can tell a lot to the engineer.

Now (after doing what is described in the above paragraph):
1 - Dis- and reconnect the cables a few times, making sure you reconnect the contacts gently and accurately but quite firmly. The spikes might indicate a momentary loss of contact. Playing with the contacts helps to readjust them if they are a bit wry.
2 - If (for now - only "if"!) it doesn't help, get the newest FW - we recently update it quite often, so double check you're getting the newest one. After re-flashing the device, default it and calibrate. Do nothing else. Once again: re-flash, default, calibrate, do no more tuning.
3 - Re-check the spikes on both axes.
4 - If you bought your device at VKB USA - register there and get a support ticket. If you bought elsewhere, tell us where, we'll redirect you.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

YAGA

Postby YAGA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:50

Lol. Okay, well I am human, so if you need information or screenshots showing certain things, ask.

I am on both the newest VKBdevcfg, and the newest FW unless I've done something wrong. As previously stated. I also followed your recommendation earlier and reseated all connections several times.

Spikes are only present on X axis, but I will post screenshots of all axes.

YAGA

Postby YAGA » Wed Feb 07, 2018 23:51

Retightened cams and cleaned off a sheen of black lubricant that seems to develop where the roller meets the cam. Something I did fixed the issue.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:12

YAGA wrote:fixed the issue.
I believe you moved the cable while playing with the cams and bearings. Spikes were surely not of mechanical origin.
Anyway, keep me updated.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

YAGA

Postby YAGA » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:31

It would seem that the issue does in fact have to do with electrical connections in the base. I say this, because the issue has come back. Now I have to open the base up almost every time I use it to re-seat the connections or the axis jump is horrific. Is there anything i can do to make the connections more persistent?

Also, on another note, I sheared a spring on the pitch axis during normal use. Replaced it and all works fine, but it wasn't something i'd heard other people experience. Thought i'd let you guys know.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Sat Aug 04, 2018 22:00

YAGA, did you get your wiring issue permanently fixed? I'm having the same issue and am about to open my stick up and look.

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Sun Aug 05, 2018 21:51

I opened it up and moved the wires a little. That did fix it!!

Until I booted up again today with the same problem! :evil:

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:51

Same problem here (in details, same axis same side), everything worked fine till today!

Snacko

Postby Snacko » Wed Aug 15, 2018 18:00

redribbon wrote:Same problem here (in details, same axis same side), everything worked fine till today!

Did you open a ticket and report this?

I took it totally apart like when you change the springs, and noticed that two of the wires were loose from their white plastic connector. I pushed them back on with a needle nose pliers. It's been working fine for a week now.

Even after I had fixed this, I was asked to open up a ticked so the engineers would know about this. Maybe they will add a simple test in their Quality testing...

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 20:01

Snacko wrote:
redribbon wrote:Same problem here (in details, same axis same side), everything worked fine till today!

Did you open a ticket and report this?

I took it totally apart like when you change the springs, and noticed that two of the wires were loose from their white plastic connector. I pushed them back on with a needle nose pliers. It's been working fine for a week now.

Even after I had fixed this, I was asked to open up a ticked so the engineers would know about this. Maybe they will add a simple test in their Quality testing...

No but i will, tbh i was a bit worried since i just preordered MCG pro grip.....
I was afraid problem was in sensor so i almost canceled grip preorder!

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 21:07

I noticed this connector not being really firm.
It pulled both male and female connector sides together from motherboard with very small force, shouldn't be this way, now going to put it together and see does ti works.
Same connector type on the other motherboard holds tight!
Attachments
20180815_200107.jpg

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Wed Aug 15, 2018 21:43

yup....now working fine....how long it will hold we will see i just pushed it back into place.
Seems production line problem cos that lady connector (plastic part) isn't firm with pins at all, other one on the other circuit board is fine so i compared it with it. Overall connector doesn't grip as it should, it's loosen!
NOTE! i was very gentle cos i know what i'm doing, i'm aircraft engineer for 12 years now working mostly aircraft electronics so pins and connectors are my everyday routine and i know how much problems bad connection can cause.

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:55

It would be nice if VKB can send me new circuit board cos this one is obviously flawed in production line!

redribbon

Postby redribbon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:42

Ok problem is here again and it's getting worse.
Stick is basically unusable!

Return to “Technical Support”