Continued Macro Ticks Changing

Moderator: AdminGroup

Drano

Continued Macro Ticks Changing

Postby Drano » Sun Jan 14, 2018 21:10

OK so I've waded into the macro tab and figured some things out that IMO aren't all that obvious and have had success in making some macros for commands in a game (Aces High) that aren't able to be mapped to a simple button command. I'd made a simple one first that allowed me to exit flight, [/.ef]. That was macro 1. As I went on I made others to govern weapons salvo number. I couldn't figure out why my second one wasn't showing up on the button I'd mapped it to but the third one was! The light bulb went off yesterday when I figured out that the actual number of the macro is the number in the left column where that macro starts. My first one had spanned into the 2nd row so my second macro actually started in row 3 making it macro 3 not 2. I'd been changing the box next to that one that I now know governs the time set. I thought it was a group number until I got to my 9th one! Ain't no 9 so it must be the time thingy---and it was. Another light bulb. This area overlaps on the macro screen making it hard to decypher. The column for Time Set is only marked Set. I thougth that was the macro group if it spanned rows. Not intuitive. Maybe make that area of the macro screen a little bit wider so the columns match up would be better? Anyway no worries now as I've figured it out. Now onto my next problem and this might be a bug.

Once the wheels started clanking I went on down the screen making more macros for other random commands I thought I might map in the future. Might as well make macros for them all since I have the screen open and have all the dot commands printed out in front of me! Things were going along just great. I'd saved my macros as I went along. This is how I laid the fist bunch out:

MacroScreen1.jpg

Looks good and works exactly as intended, mapped to the buttons I wanted--no problem!

The problem crops up as soon as I scrolled the macros up or down to see past row 16. The continued macro tick boxes start moving around on their own! This is what I get scrolling down:

MacroScreen2.jpg

And then back up again!!:

MacroScreen3.jpg

It's like playing whack a mole! I put em back but as soon as I scroll up or down they reshuffle! If I load the originally saved file they go back right (at least those I can see initially)--until I scroll again. Consequently only the macros I can see--that first bunch down to row 16--are correct. The others are a jumbled mess of macros that aren't supposed to be attached to each other.

If I scroll down to change the ticks on the rows below 16 and save it--the upper ones have changed so I have to re-edit those and save again! but now the ones I can't see are messed up.

Just bringing this to your attention as a possible bug. Since I have them working right otherwise I wouldn't think I was doing something wrong but it wouldn't be the first time for that!

My Required Info:

Gunfighter MkI w/MCG-Pro
V1/91E
Stock Springs and Cams
VKBDevconfig: v0.83.96
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

RecklessPrudence

Re: Continued Macro Ticks Changing

Postby RecklessPrudence » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:10

Wait wait, what? How'd you get the Macro tab to show? I'm running 0.83.96 with 1.91 firmware, same as you, and I don't have a macro tab. Is there a checkbox somewhere I have to tick, or something?

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:59

Do so.

RecklessPrudence

Postby RecklessPrudence » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:33

Hey, thanks! Now I don't need to have AutoHotKey or UCR running while I'm playing!

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Jan 21, 2018 21:53

FYI, after flashing to latest FW this issue is still happening, at least on my system. Maybe a bug in devconfig? Anyway, bumping this as it was never acknowledged and the thread kinda got hijacked.
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

Santagio

Postby Santagio » Sun Mar 18, 2018 15:09

Just a friendly bump to say this is also happening with me.
Very strange and frustrating.

NikonGuy

Postby NikonGuy » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:14

Also bumping, I am using Config v0.92.33, firmware v2.11.0

Has anyone addressed this issue?
The issue also happens with the time set numbers changing macros, one line up or down.

NikonGuy

Hey Drano <S>

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:26

Try the latest combination of firmware and software. Also, it would help to post screenshots and explain what you're trying to achieve.

Drano

Postby Drano » Thu Jan 05, 2023 17:34

Hiya NG! Still hanging around in AH for FSO mostly. Dabble a bit in IL-2 and MSFS these days.

TBH, as this never appeared to get resolved, I just stopped messing with the macros once I got them where I wanted them. It was like playing whack-a-mole with the tick marks as soon as you scrolled the tab up or down (see my screens in this thread) and that just got old fast! Since then, I've kinda shifted a bunch of macros to Voice Attack commands. Just as easy to se up and it frees up buttons on the stick. Say what you want and it types out the command. Done. Voice Attack is highly recommended especially if you're in VR and not able to type quickly and perfectly. Ten bucks for the full version. Supposedly you can use dictation with it, but I've never been able to get it to work as I'd like.
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

NikonGuy

Postby NikonGuy » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:07

Hey Drano

I havent uploaded the new firmware yet but I have found a few workarounds re the macro continuation ticks and I am using the macros for salvo and speed commands without fail :)

As you have found the ticks will move when you scroll the page.
If you simply click GET again on the right macro panel, they will correct themselves.

Another observation is if a tick is in the wrong place, uncheck it, click SET on the macro panel (not the main one up top), then click the tick where it should have been, then click SET again.
Click GET until it remains in the right place then click the main SET to send it to the stick.

I have heard of the voice command thing but not tried it.

Cheers

NikonGuy :)

Drano

Postby Drano » Fri Jan 06, 2023 21:36

Yup. Use the one's I'd set up for the same sorts of dot commands that would otherwise require typing. It's been so long since I messed with it I forget what I did to straighten it out but it sounds kind of like what you did. Thing is I don't think it always did this. It was just at a point I went to add a macro and noticed it had started doing this, now so long ago. I was an early adopter of the GF so I'm sure this worked right with the first bunch of FW/Config versions that came out which was how I had the macro file set up at all. Many miles down the road at this point. I just ditched it for Voice Attack for most other stuff. VA is easier for stuff like AI commands in IL-2 that would take up way too many buttons anyway. Set up one button for it to listen, say your command, it does the rest.
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2