Latest VKBDevCfg flagged as Trojan by Windows Defender.

Moderator: AdminGroup

TheBigDustin

Latest VKBDevCfg flagged as Trojan by Windows Defender.

Postby TheBigDustin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 17:25

As the title says, Windows Defender flagged the latest version of VKBDevCfg that was released on the 11th.

I ran the file through several online virus scanners, VirusTotal and MetaDefender.
MetaDefender found no threats but VirusTotal found 1 hit (out of 67 searches) on VKBDevCfg.exe.

None of the previous versions of VKBDevCfg.exe got hit by Windows Defender. The Firmware update for the MCG seems to be okay. I ran that one as well to double check.
I dont feel comfortable running the file at this time and have deleted it. This post is a heads-up for everyone to please scan everything you download.

rtrski

Re: Latest VKBDevCfg flagged as Trojan by Windows Defender.

Postby rtrski » Sat Jan 13, 2018 20:51

The previous version of Wizzo did that to me. I posted about it on reddit. W10 autodeleted it for me. So far Defender hasn't trigged on VKBDevCfg for me, and I always do scan in the zip immediately after download, and then again before giving any privileges like 'run as admin' to an executable.

Weird that it's not consistent. I do have current definitions (13 Jan).
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

TheBigDustin

Re: Latest VKBDevCfg flagged as Trojan by Windows Defender.

Postby TheBigDustin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 21:30

Since you mentioned it rtrski, I checked that my definition's were up to date. They were last updated yesterday Jan 12th, when I scanned the file originally. I just waited till today to make the post. I updated my Windows Defender definitions just now and it no longer triggers as a threat. Very bizarre.

Return to “Technical Support”