Having MCG Pro Issues, random intermittent button presses

Moderator: AdminGroup

Ron61

Re: Having MCG Pro Issues, random intermittent button presses

Postby Ron61 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 15:43

If the trigger axis in the MCG Pro handle is not calibrated, then any buttons associated with it will not work correctly.
Look in the Profile-Axes-Axes2Buttons tab for the numbers in the KDHi, KDLo and Bias columns - they should not be 255, 255 and 0.
3.jpg
3.jpg (43.34 KiB) Viewed 12574 times

Drano

Postby Drano » Tue Feb 18, 2020 17:23

What Ron61 says. I get this problem sometimes after loading a different profile. Not calibrating after that will be a lot more obvious with the trigger than with anything else in my experience. Just remember to calibrate the stick entirely each time you make a change and that should stop it.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

TeufelHunden

Postby TeufelHunden » Sat Feb 22, 2020 23:53

I have the MCG grip not the pro and my thumb "trigger" button is the one that seems to fire my cannons randomly its bound correctly ingame and it fires when it is not pressed sometimes just a few rounds sometimes its ALOT of rounds Button 9 is problem button

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 0:31

Better show screenshots of tabs from the configurator. This greatly facilitates the search for problematic settings.

TeufelHunden

Postby TeufelHunden » Sun Feb 23, 2020 20:27

Sorry I have just been trying to figure out this on my own. Let me explain this problem I'm having better to you. When I'm playing IL2 Great Battles I have very random activation of my #9 button which is the side thumb button On my MCG stick. I cannot seem to recreate this issue outside the game. I have checked my binds and I don't seem to see any issues with my in game binds. Sometimes when this button is activated it just fires a few rounds other times it fires ALOT of rounds. I have upgraded to the newest firmware. I'm now getting button 18 to randomly activate when I use the button tester? I don't even know what button 18 is? Also I got button 9 to activate randomly as well.
Attachments
VKB2.JPG
VKB1.JPG
VKB button 9 and 18.JPG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:43

Could only notice that your device is not properly calibrated.
If the accidental button activation it happens only in game then it's something related with your in game bindings. If you want to make sure you could have the VKBDevCfg tester running in the background when playing (or you could use the Button Tester: https://vkbcontrollers.com/wp-content/u ... Tester.zip). The moment when the button activates by itself in game alt-tab to tester and see if the activation is registered. If it is, then start from beginning with re-flashing, resetting to default and re-calibrating (here's a guide: https://youtu.be/8Ht8yMsdlCQ). If it's not, then check your game bindings again.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:53

You should recalibrate and then check the MCG PRO's trigger; those KdHi/KdLo values should be way less than 255 (which is a good indication of incomplete calibration).

VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

TeufelHunden

Postby TeufelHunden » Fri Feb 28, 2020 21:42

those 255 numbers stay the same no matter what I do when I calibrate the device????? so how am I calibrating it wrong? that trigger is not an axis when I use it only use it for the one click button that is the only function I use it for

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 22:20

In order to get the secondary trigger calibrated:
1. Go to Test tab so you could see your axes;
2. Hit Start Calibr.;
3. Push the secondary trigger up to Safe position;
4. Pull the secondary trigger down to Armed position;
5. Squeeze the secondary trigger all the way;
(you could repeat steps 3., 4., 5. couple of times to make sure it gets it right)
6. Calibrate the rest of the axes (X, Y, ministicks);
7. Squeeze the hand brake all the way;
8. Hit End Calibr. button.

Check again those numbers on secondary trigger to see how they changed.

To get the secondary trigger working in game:
1. Check the A2B box in Profile/ Axes/ Axes to Buttons tab;
2. Check Enable MCG PRO Trigger in the same tab;
3. If you check Safe a button will be permanently active, same for Armed;
4. Check Fire 1 and/ or Fire 2 to get 2 more buttons along that axis;
5. Adjust the sliders beside Fire1 and Fire2 to determine how far on the axis those inputs gets activated.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » Sat Feb 29, 2020 0:05

TeufelHunden wrote:those 255 numbers stay the same no matter what I do when I calibrate the device????? so how am I calibrating it wrong? that trigger is not an axis when I use it only use it for the one click button that is the only function I use it for

It's an axis that's used with multiple virtual buttons (Fire, Armed, Safe) - so it has to be calibrated as in fallout9's step-by-step procedure to allow the full range of buttons available. I noticed that when I don't correctly calibrate it, I don't get the available buttons to work correctly when using the trigger - simply because the MaRS sensor isn't able to read the trigger axis' full movement.
VKB North America
https://VKBcontrollers.com

TeufelHunden

Postby TeufelHunden » Sat Feb 29, 2020 0:29

I have read the calibration procedure and I have followed it many times. I DO NOT have the MCG PRO I have the regulay MCG stick the calibration you are referring to is not for my stick it is only for the MCG pro my foldable trigger does not have the Axis built into it it is only a flip down trigger with one button inside.

These screen shots are of my moving my stick around aggressively I did not press any of these buttons at all and they are all being randomly pressed???? please help me
Attachments
VKB problem2.JPG
VKB problem.JPG

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:54

Try to clean up the 3 contact pads on the base with some cotton and a bit of alcohol and check the 3 contact pins at the base of the grip. Also make sure you're locking the grip properly on the base.

Ron61

Postby Ron61 » Mon Mar 02, 2020 18:06

As I understand it, phantom clicks of several buttons occur simultaneously? No buttons are pressed on the MCG? Ask us the version of your grip - this can be found out by providing a photo of the disassembled grip, such as in the picture.

v.1-1.jpg

PhoenixCNE

Postby PhoenixCNE » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:19

Was any solution ever found on this one? I am still having the same ghost button inputs while moving the stick around and am curious. It is the same buttons being pressed as well, 9 and 18.

fallout9

Postby fallout9 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:20

This thread is so old and there are different people exposing different issues. Please start a new thread explaining the problem and providing details about it, software version, firmware version, screenshots of Profile/Axes and Stat.

Return to “Technical Support”