Mcg pro master mode click button question.

Moderator: AdminGroup

gavros777

Mcg pro master mode click button question.

Postby gavros777 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 13:29

I'm checking the buttons of the mcg pro with wizzo and the only button that doesnt respond is the click button from master mode. Does master mode has a click button functional?
Also the manvr click button doesnt click as good and sharp like the reset or dc click button, is that normal?

AeroGator

Re: Mcg pro master mode click button question.

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:46

Best Regards,
AeroGator

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:52

Also, if there is a problem with buttons clicking or not (that's regarding both buttons you mentioned) - please read http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762 and follow the lines.
We need full information in structured format, AND (not OR) relevant screenshots.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

gavros777

Postby gavros777 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:10

I just fixed the manvr button by pulling it out and putting it back in but not all the way in.
I had changed it to color black and i think i pressed too hard the first time i changed it.

The master mode click button doenst have a number that corresponds to it in the wizzo software?

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:28

gavros777 wrote:I just fixed the manvr button by pulling it out and putting it back in but not all the way in.
The master mode click button doenst have a number that corresponds to it in the wizzo software?

a) might be our fault... the button board might have shifted a bit. let's see how it behaves. please keep me updated!
b) before we dig into it, please hurry to update the FW, you will find a link to it in our Announcements section. There is some critically important fix in the new FW. When you update it, check for any funny behavior on the Windows side (pop-up windows were reported by one user, I suspect it is machine-specific, but want to know if this repeats on other computers).
Best Regards,
AeroGator

gavros777

Postby gavros777 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 15:05

I just updated the firmware to the latest, i dont get any popups or any funny behavior. The only thing that worries me is in the wizzo software when i click the master mode button i dont see any number lighting up. Is this normal, is there a number in the wizzo that corresponds to the master mode click button?

FreqE1

Postby FreqE1 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 17:24

All the hats have a push button but the "Master Mode" one is different. I am having trouble finding the post that explains it but I believe the push on that particular hat would be not user assignable. When you push and hold the button for 0.3 sec it switches to "Relative Mode".

I found a post by rrohde on the ED forums. I have copied and pasted it here;
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Short little video to help visualize (via VKBJoyTester) the MCG PRO's Master Mode "Relative Axes Mode" (sorry about the low quality).

https://i.imgur.com/3a6QCfb.mp4

So, what I did during the recording of this clip was:
I pressed and held the Master Mode button down for about 0.3 sec and it changed into relative axes mode (rX and rY axes); I then moved the master mode hat switch around, and as you can see from the clip, the axes did not return to center. At the 18 seconds mark in the clip, pressed the Master Mode button down for a brief moment and it re-centered both axes.

Pressing the Master Mode switch again for 0.3 sec would change the Master Mode operation from relative axes mode back to POV mode, acting like normal digital inputs.

Hope this short clip helped a little to get an idea as to what the relative axes mode does.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps.
Rob

rtrski

Postby rtrski » Sun Jan 14, 2018 17:45

I think that makes sense. The master mode click is mapped as a long-press to switch between the POV mode and the relative-analog mode. In analog mode, a short-press recenters the currently-stored analog settings.

So in Wizzo if you're in analog mode, a short press shows no 'button action' because it just altered the axis settings. You should see axis data changing, after that button press. In POV mode, there is no programming for the short-press, so again you see no button actuation.

Granted I'm going by what I see in VKBDevCfg; I'm not currently using Wizzo, so I may be spreading misinformation a little. (I am also just a Joe, no one official.)
RH VKB GF Mk III + Modern Combat Grip *ULTIMATE* (12/17 GFII , upgraded), _powered_ deploy!
LH VKB GF Mk III + Kosmosima Prem (02/19 GFII, upgraded), *lateral* mounted
Feet: Slaw Viper RX Pedals [Sorry, VKB, too gorgeous]

gavros777

Postby gavros777 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 18:19

Thannk you rtski what you said makes sense to me. So i'm good to go :)

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:39

@gavros777 please confirm you're OK now!
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”