Latest Firmware & Software

Moderator: AdminGroup

yabadaba

Latest Firmware & Software

Postby yabadaba » Mon Jan 08, 2018 20:28

Hello, I just received my Gladiator II and would like to make sure it's running the latest firmware. Currently it reports as being on v1.85b in both Wizzo and VKBDevCfg-C. The latter also reports NJoy32 at 1.91. Not sure what that is though!

As far as I can see the links on the website lead me only to older versions of the firmware (and software), but I came across these two Google Drive links in another thread. I take it this is where to find the latest versions? So v1_91_9 firmware being the most recent.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... 2hMSEN0bzA
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... VQ0dndyNG8

Cheers
David

AeroGator

Re: Latest Firmware & Software

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 10, 2018 15:45

yabadaba wrote:Hello, I just received my Gladiator II and would like to make sure it's running the latest firmware. Currently it reports as being on v1.85b in both Wizzo and VKBDevCfg-C. The latter also reports NJoy32 at 1.91. Not sure what that is though!

I'd suggest you stick to the FW installed already.
The 1.91 is made for MCG/MCGPro grip, which is not the case here.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

yabadaba

Postby yabadaba » Wed Jan 10, 2018 23:49

Oops...i upgraded to 1.91 already....would downgrade again, but don't see 1.85b for download.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:36

yabadaba wrote:Oops...i upgraded to 1.91 already....would downgrade again, but don't see 1.85b for download.

David, with all due respect, you didn't even bother to tell me what grip you have. Leaving alone that you picked up some FW from who knows where, some google drive depository... which only means that you never read the basics :( like that we have our ftp and all firmware and software should only be downloaded from there.
FW 1.85b was made for a bunch of different goods, I have no idea how to help you knowing nothing about your setup.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

yabadaba

Postby yabadaba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:04

Okay fair point, I did rush into this a little quickly. Mine will just be the default grip that comes with a standard retail Gladiator Mk.II, which I received recently from VKB Europe. The only reason why I decided to trust the Google Drive links is because I got those links from the thread below and from someone who seems to be an active contributor, so I assumed trustworthy. However, if this firmware is not for my specific stick then I'd prefer to revert to what I had before. But, I don't see that firmware on the official link. Do you have a link for it please?

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2859&p=28619&hilit=firmware#p28619

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:42

yabadaba wrote:Okay fair point

Here is the link: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/Gladiator/Gl_v1_85_B.zip
Talking 3rd party file exchange, of course people do it when they exchange custom-made profiles or whatever they make themselves for their own use and for sharing with friends.
However we can only be responsible for files downloaded from our ftp, and hence any official FW has to be taken from there.
:D
Hope it works. Tell me if not.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

yabadaba

Postby yabadaba » Fri Jan 12, 2018 17:48

Thank you, the link worked and now flashed back to 1.85b

sanpats

Postby sanpats » Fri Jan 19, 2018 22:38

AeroGator wrote:
yabadaba wrote:Okay fair point

Here is the link: http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/Gladiator/Gl_v1_85_B.zip
Talking 3rd party file exchange, of course people do it when they exchange custom-made profiles or whatever they make themselves for their own use and for sharing with friends.
However we can only be responsible for files downloaded from our ftp, and hence any official FW has to be taken from there.
:D
Hope it works. Tell me if not.

Isn't Victorus a part of VKB team? He has VKBsim logo above his name like yours and he is in the admin group. It is he who provide the so-called 3rd party link in the linked thread. I believe most people would assume it is somehow official.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Wed Jan 31, 2018 15:39

sanpats wrote:Isn't Victorus a part of VKB team? He has VKBsim logo above his name like yours and he is in the admin group. It is he who provide the so-called 3rd party link in the linked thread. I believe most people would assume it is somehow official.
He is. Being one of us he of course should be trusted in tech support field, and you can follow his links and use his solutions. This, however, does not affect the rule: the only official source of firm- and software is our FTP server. Victorus, myself, any of us VKB helping elves and fairies can for the sake of time let you take some file from our private storages, but VKB as a company is only responsible for what is on its FTP, period.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”