Gladiator MkII (RevA 3-pin) with MCG Pro not working

Moderator: AdminGroup

Feild-Ops

Gladiator MkII (RevA 3-pin) with MCG Pro not working

Postby Feild-Ops » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:17

Hello, I got my MCG Pro grip in the mail earlier this week. I saw the profiles and firmware were not released yet but saw a gunfighter thread ( viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2885 ) and thought it could help me not realizing the gunfighter was the main topic of discussion. It helped me understand the VKBDevCfg-C and ZBootloader-C software though so thats a plus (the wizzo software worked for me when I first got the stick but now no longer works). I forgot which thread i found last night where I grabbed Gladiator Pro firmware versions 1_91_7, 1_91_8 and 1_91_9 from but none of those work for me as they disable my sticks Y axis entirely and had to revert back to the latest official download on this website which is 1_81_7. None worked for the MCG pro however and only select buttons worked. In the VKBDevCfg-C program I get as far as selecting the MCG in global>external>device tabs and getting it recognized and have a handfull of buttons work (not all of them, and no axis works like the brake lever, analog sticks or foldable trigger). So I've reverted back to my KG-12 stick for now.

I guess all I need to know is if a a firmware and profile is in the works that will allow me to swap grips between my KG-12 and MCG so I can enjoy my WWII and Modern flight sims.

Also a couple product ideas sprung to mind:
1. A quick detach lever for swapping grips efficiently rather than messing with allen screws and worrying about stripping them over time.
2. An adapter for switching Rev-A pins to a Rev-B interface. I thought about getting a gunfighter but you dont sell the Gunfighter in Rev-A any more, with an adapter I would not need to start all over with my base, grips, extensions and such.

Thanks, I understand its orthodox Christmas in Europe so i will patiently await any answers. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

AeroGator

Re: Gladiator MkII (RevA 3-pin) with MCG Pro not working

Postby AeroGator » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:54

Feild-Ops wrote:the wizzo software worked for me when I first got the stick but now no longer works
How's that?? More detail please.
Feild-Ops wrote:I guess all I need to know is if a a firmware
That's more or less true: MCG revA are compatible with GF1 and Gladiator Pro mk2 mechanically but they need special FW. We already released the new FW for the GF but as we went a bit ahead of schedule serving Gladiator Pro mk2 orders, the FW fell a bit late. We're working on it now (it's being tested right these days). Our North America dealer had contacted all revA buyers and informed them about this lag.
Feild-Ops wrote:swap grips between my KG-12 and MCG so I can enjoy my WWII and Modern flight sims....// quick detach lever for swapping grips
Take care here. The grips are all made intercompatible but it does not mean we encourage users to swap them on the fly. Moreover, you will need to create different profiles that you will have to switch over when you swap the grips.
Feild-Ops wrote:An adapter for switching Rev-A pins to a Rev-B interface. ... you dont sell the Gunfighter in Rev-A any more
Wrong. We mentioned somewhere that although we do not sell standalone GFrevA any longer, we still keep reasonable stock for guys who, like you, might want to upgrade to GF but don't want to replace all their park of devices. So if you're up to it, just contact the dealer. Talking adapters, we don't really love this idea because it will mean adding 2.5 cm to the height of the grip, which will ruin the ergonomics. So we might in fact make an adapter but only for the extension version... anyway, it is not final yet.
Feild-Ops wrote:I understand its orthodox Christmas in Europe so i will patiently await any answers. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Thanks, same to you - however we're not just in Europe. We're a global team, and our orthodoxy might be somewhat overestimated :wink:
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Feild-Ops

Re: Gladiator MkII (RevA 3-pin) with MCG Pro not working

Postby Feild-Ops » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:17

Awesome, thats good news that the FW is in the works. Thats all I really needed to hold me over. And yes I understand that a new profile would need to be loaded once grips are swapped so no worries there.

As for the adapter I'm not personally worried about a bit more stick height (as more height leads to more stick accuracy) but I understand that others might. Also its good that gunfighters in RevA are still available. I may very well contact the dealer to get a gunfighter and get my sim-pit started!

Wizzo used to work back when i only had my x52 throttle and Gladiator connected. As I understand it "grabs" the first device listed in the "Show_HID" software and i guess the Gladiator used to be the first device listed on my computer. But not now that I've added a considerable amount of hardware to my desk it fell lower on the list. I'm not tech savvy enough to temporarily delete devices such as my razer keyboard without breaking something to make it work again. I'm not too worried as VKBDevCfg works just fine.

Thanks for the quick answer! I'll wait patiently for that FW. In the mean time I know I still have an excellent joystick in my possession so it wont go to waste.

Return to “Technical Support”