VKB GUNFIGHTER MK.II MCG PRO RETURN WOBBLE

Moderator: AdminGroup

python

VKB GUNFIGHTER MK.II MCG PRO RETURN WOBBLE

Postby python » Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:10

Hi,

I am new to flight simulation, and recently received my preorder of the MCG pro + Gunfighter mk.II bundle.

PROBLEM:

After assembly, I noticed that the MCG pro grip has a 1.5 second wobble upon returning to the center from the maximum grip movement distance (grip is tightened to the gunfighter gimbal, and gimbal is secured to the gunfighter base plate).

QUESTIONS AND CONCERNS:

1) How do I correct this return wobble?

2) What is the purpose of the 10, 20, 30, 40 labeled springs and what do the springs do to the overall gunfighter experience? What is the difference between a spring with low force and high force in terms of the gunfighter experience? Why would the user need to replace or adjust this?

3) What are dampers and what are they used for? Why would the user need to replace or adjust this?

4) What is a cam, what are they used for, and how are the different cams different from one another in terms of functionallity? Why would the user need to replace or adjust this?

AeroGator

Re: VKB GUNFIGHTER MK.II MCG PRO RETURN WOBBLE

Postby AeroGator » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:07

Welcome aboard :)

Good news and bad news.
Good news is that you bought the most advanced and professional device for your hobby.
Yes I know the word "professional" has lost much of its value due to massive misuse (like "professional diapers" and "pro-grade tissues", aha) - but still it is well suited for this particular occasion.
Bad news is that it will take you some time to get used to it and make yourself comfortable with all its functions.

The questions you asked are in a way too global to get answered inside a support comment. I will reply in the most brief and basic way and will have to direct you to the relevant sections of this forum where you will find a wealth of knowledge and a very warm and helpful gang of men who do great service offering their advice. (actually, it'd be better if you started from there, but anyway).

1 - Return wobbling is damped by adjusting the combination of clutch force, springs, and cams. Combination. Not one of these three, but all three together. Begin with slightly tightening the dampers. Slightly, I said. Little by little. It will come with practice and time.
2 - Obviously the strong spring makes stick deflection more difficult than weak one would. You need stronger springs for example if you use stick extension.
3 - Dampers are effectively shock and wobble absorbers, like in a car.
4 - Cams may be soft-centered and hard-centered. If you want your stick to stick to the central position, you need hard centered cams. You will need to overcome some additional resistance to move the stick from the center. Depends on your personal preferences and whether you fly planes or copters or space crafts.

Now please read this:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2464
and this:
http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2858
and please do invest some time into reading the threads having the word Gunfighter in their headings. No tech support will ever be able to get into as many nuances as your fella users will be happy to. Besides, you will get to know people - and may I say it again, we have some really great guys here.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”