C-Clip cut loose? Where does it go ? (Gladiator MkII)

Moderator: AdminGroup

ArrowAV8R

C-Clip cut loose? Where does it go ? (Gladiator MkII)

Postby ArrowAV8R » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:10

Hello, I was wonder where this c-clip went for the gladiator MkII joystick? I didnt even have the chance to use it at all, and something was loose inside my joystick. Turned out to be a c-clip. my joystick as you hold it has some side to side movement as you hold it, so im wondering where it goes. Alright thanks.
Attachments
VKB_CLIP.JPG

UIV
Мастер

Re: C-Clip cut loose? Where does it go ? (Gladiator MkII)

Postby UIV » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:51

From here
fgf.JPG

ArrowAV8R

Postby ArrowAV8R » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:51

Hey thanks, so c clip is back in and the darn joystick pin rubs against the plastic like it did out of the box when you left or right roll. I can't get a hold of the merchant, feel like I'm on my own. I definitely have a defective one I believe, bummer too cause I just wanted this to work.
Attachments
IMG_1122.JPG

Sideslip

Postby Sideslip » Sun Dec 17, 2017 18:13

I wouldn't really know but judging by the pictures it might be on the wrong side. Looks to me like it is supposed to be against the plastic towards the center, your arrow suggests it is installed against the outside. Maybe I'm just not seeing it right.

Drano

Postby Drano » Sun Dec 17, 2017 18:41

When a pin has a C-Clip holding parts onto it there's usually a groove cut into it where the clip is intended to be. Usually it's near the end. Look for the groove. That's where it'll go.
Gunfighter MkI w/MkIII update + MCG-Pro Grip
Avia S Cams
2x #30A Springs
FW:v2.13F
Devconfig: v92.78
Zbootloader: v2.01

Asus Strix X570-E Gaming
Ryzen9 5800X3D
Asus Strix 3080 12GB
32GB Corsair Vengeance PC3600
EVGA G6 1000W
Reverb G2V2
Win10/64

ArrowAV8R

Postby ArrowAV8R » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:15

Alright so I fixed it. The first time I installed it I was going off of the picture on the first reply. Against my intuition I installed it on the head side thinking , ' well it looks like that in the picture. ' . Then I started to think that it was suspicious that the c clip had no purpose there on the head, like it wasn't holding anything together. So I examined further and found like one of you guys said, the groove that any c-clip should ride in. I'll tell you what, that was the hardest thing to install since you had to get room for the groove to show on the opposite side , but it's done and my joystick is now working and functional without drag. What a hassle on a bran new joystick. Everything ops check good on War Thunder last night. I still might just get the Pro later on, I didn't know the pro was designed so bulletproof inside until after I got this one.

AeroGator

Postby AeroGator » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15

Congrats on managing to make it work! Good that you don't often need to set up the device.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”