Black Mamba Mk. III - Stopped Being Recognized

Moderator: AdminGroup

badnewsbaron

Black Mamba Mk. III - Stopped Being Recognized

Postby badnewsbaron » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:38

Hello,

Recently I installed an extension for the 5 pin connector Black Mamba Mk. III. Everything was working fine for a few weeks until this morning, when I discovered the joystick was no longer recognized or responding.

Here's what I know:

1) When I plug the USB into my computer, the red light turns on briefly (about two seconds) and turns off again. No other lights are on.
2) I have switched USB cables to make sure that isn't the problem.
3) If I open VKB Device Config the joystick will sometimes appear as "VKB Fat Mamba v1.75A PRO". Usually it will only display named as "v00.56". Unplugging and replugging in the USB will usually cause the name to be identified as "VKB Fat Mamba v1.75A PRO".
5) Clicking on the bootloader when the device shows as a Black Mamba returns the error: "Access violation at address 00618CB5 in module 'VKBDevCfg-C.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFD"
6. Zbootloader-C displays:
46. 43: Device connected
Error write data: 38363950
Error read data: 38363950

7. No buttons or axis respond, except for the PROP and THR knobs, which for some reason output as X Rotation and Y Rotation in Game Controller Properties.

Please let me know what other information I can provide to help.

AeroGator

Re: Black Mamba Mk. III - Stopped Being Recognized

Postby AeroGator » Wed Nov 29, 2017 12:23

badnewsbaron wrote:Hello

Let me begin from the end.

Please let me know what other information I can provide to help
HERE http://forum.vkb-sim.pro/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2762 is a pretty detailed instruction. It'd be a lot better if you followed its guidelines.
I do appreciate your structured question, it is already times better than could be, but still.

Like, we're still missing a key point, which is your Configurator version. Pls run through the points mentioned in the post I referred to, and fill in the gaps. That'll help me reply to you faster and more to the point.

Next,
- default your device
- update the FW

BTW, you may NOT run the Configurator and the bootloader at the same time.
Best Regards,
AeroGator

Return to “Technical Support”