VKBDevCfg button mapping

Moderator: AdminGroup

neurowork

VKBDevCfg button mapping

Postby neurowork » Thu Jul 06, 2017 0:40

Hey Guys,

I have received my Gunfighter pro with TM adapter and I'm very happy with it so far. I'm trying to map the buttons the same way I had with the TARGET editor.

One thing I can't figure out how to do is to map on of the button to the LEFT/RIGHT SHIFT key. I use that as a modifier to map different functions to the same button.
This way, in DCS, which is the sim I fly the most with, I can map for instance DX1 to something and SHIFT+DX1 to something. The great thing about this is that it also works with a different controller making the button that's mapped to the SHIFT key a modifier across controller (like my WH throttle).

You are probably going to tell me that I can achieve the same thing with the shifting ability and I initially managed to map every buttons to 2 different DX button but it wouldn't work with my Throttle buttons :(

Is there a way to do that. I have looked at the logical layout button option, I can map to a specific key with or without a modifier like shift, but I only want the SHIFT key.\

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Sokol1

Re: VKBDevCfg button mapping

Postby Sokol1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27

In DCS you can do this direct in game controls options.

Add a button, eg. Pinky button in "Modifiers".

Then assign some command for DX1 button.

Now assign other command for DX1 button, but this time press Pinky button together, or select in "modifiers".

You achieve the same effect if this Pinky button send "Shift" keypress, but without need a "elephant" program (TARGET) running in game background.

But in VKB DevCfg you can set a button for press keyboard key, in Logical layer I think - or better became a "Shift" for other buttons, but await help of some "guru". :mrgreen:

Return to “Technical Support”